Music Poor Music :/

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 4, 2011
So, Ive been reading all over this website in the threads about over used music and music people are sick of hearing.. and we just got our music for middle school and theres like 3 songs including edge of glory in it :/ - and we already paid for it and its over and done with so we cant get it fixed ! Oh and Edge of Glory is for the pyramid even better right.. someone make me feel better about this

I pick out every song I want and send it to the mixer. I typically blame coaches if athletes dont like their music. I used to mix music and youd be shocked. Coaches will say "I really like this song on the radio called Edge of Glory" I respond letting them know that it will be overplayed and judges dont like hearing the same music over and over but they typically dont care. I cant tell you how many times this season coaches will get great music (IMO) that I pick out songs and they want it redone to have black eyes peas, Lady Gaga, or whatever is hot on the radio.

I pick out every song I want and send it to the mixer. I typically blame coaches if athletes dont like their music. I used to mix music and youd be shocked. Coaches will say "I really like this song on the radio called Edge of Glory" I respond letting them know that it will be overplayed and judges dont like hearing the same music over and over but they typically dont care. I cant tell you how many times this season coaches will get great music (IMO) that I pick out songs and they want it redone to have black eyes peas, Lady Gaga, or whatever is hot on the radio.

Definitely agree with this. While I feel its important to have songs your kids know and and maybe lofve to help them get into it, but at the same time it sucks going to a comp and hearing the same song 2/3 mixes. I know this year every1 is giong to have edge of glory in every pyramid, and while its a greaqt song and works great with a pyramid, you just got to realize that you're going to have to do some work and find some original music. and plus, how many people get music with songs that there kids love, but usually if kids all love the song today, 3 months from now when the season is in full swing they are going to be tired of hearing it on the radio, much less 300 times every practice.

Definitely agree with this. While I feel its important to have songs your kids know and and maybe lofve to help them get into it, but at the same time it sucks going to a comp and hearing the same song 2/3 mixes. I know this year every1 is giong to have edge of glory in every pyramid, and while its a greaqt song and works great with a pyramid, you just got to realize that you're going to have to do some work and find some original music. and plus, how many people get music with songs that there kids love, but usually if kids all love the song today, 3 months from now when the season is in full swing they are going to be tired of hearing it on the radio, much less 300 times every practice.
wahhhhh , I asked for people to make me feel betterrrrrr :[ hahahah ! thanks though :]

wahhhhh , I asked for people to make me feel betterrrrrr :[ hahahah ! thanks though :]

Well if you want to feel better, the best part about it is its middle school, so how long can the season last??? Our states high school is over in december. :) that help?

my personal rule of thumb is have 2 songs that the audience will know...something they can sing along to...I pulls people in..next have a few songs that are similar to super popular songs...I.e. I wouldnt have picked edge of glory personally..I would have put edge of glory into pandora and skipped a few tracks...most likely you'll find something just as cool that wont be heard much...lastly I would give the athletes a song or 2 (pref the dance song) to pick out..something that they can "get down to" hope that helps and the judges arent gonna mark you down for using gaga..they'll just roll their eyes...and we'll prob talk about ya'll on here ;) jk

Well if you want to feel better, the best part about it is its middle school, so how long can the season last??? Our states high school is over in december. :) that help?
we only go to 2 competitions and usually compete against 2 or 3 teams.. maybe they got the memo and wont have the songs ! haha

my personal rule of thumb is have 2 songs that the audience will know...something they can sing along to...I pulls people in..next have a few songs that are similar to super popular songs...I.e. I wouldnt have picked edge of glory personally..I would have put edge of glory into pandora and skipped a few tracks...most likely you'll find something just as cool that wont be heard much...lastly I would give the athletes a song or 2 (pref the dance song) to pick out..something that they can "get down to" hope that helps and the judges arent gonna mark you down for using gaga..they'll just roll their eyes...and we'll prob talk about ya'll on here ;) jk
hahah go for it ! I picked most of the songs that I for sure wanted and told her to take it from there and that was obv a bad idea but the music is great I love what she did with it just that one song ! ha

Have you asked your music person if she could change the song? It's a minor fix, I don't see why it should be a problem unless she's real busy.

Back