All-Star Poor Sportsmanship At Cheer Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just don't think that type of behavior is acceptable in cheer. It's not acceptable at a gymnastics meet, frowned upon during golf tourneys, you won't see it during the winter olympics figure skating competition. It just seems like it's okay when it's physical interaction between 2 indivuals or teams. Boxing, football, etc.

Sometimes it's safer to get a temp check here first. Besides, snitches get stitches.

Good Lord. Why does it have to be like that? If we all quit our programs over things that ticked us off, we'd be a giant homeless cheer community.
Can we not make it all-or-nothing? The great thing about mistakes is that they can be fixed.
This isn't a mistake this person isn't from this gym. They came on here trying to make the gym sound bad....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

1. Nobody is saying that they're OK with their kids cheering when their competitors fall. Clearly some people missed the points of the conversation being brought up.
2. Next, we all know which 2 programs in Pittsburgh are being referred to. I have a hard time believing that the intention of the original post was innocent with all the drama going on there. I would not be happy right now if I was a HotCheer gym owner right now.
I appreciate the candid responses from everyone, especially the coaches and owners. I was not sure if this happened in other areas of the country.
I think it is very interesting that some people chose to attack me. You can attack the messenger all you want, but it made our gym look bad. It seems like some of you are going on the offensive or have your own agendas. As for the supposed bad blood between the programs, I saw plenty of pictures of kids from both teams together at this competition. The kids get it, it is about cheer.
I have posted plenty of positive information about our program. But I can't sit here and pretend that what I saw didn't happen. We had people cheering when a stunt fell with a kid in it who was on our national championship team last year. It did not sit well with me and other parents. Should we address it with coaches and owners? Maybe, but that is kind of hard to do when some coaches were involved. It is a delicate situation.
Coaches will coach what ever way they want and owners can do whatever they want. As a parent, my job is to ensure that my kid know that this type of behavior was not acceptable. This is what I can control.

I will say my peace with this....

No I don't agree with bad sportsmanship.

Some of yall are coming at me because I said "then quit" I said it knowing this person isn't from HC.

I am not affiliated with neither gym. Actually I live no where close to the state... But its absolutely disgusting that you have your HC username when a lot of people know you're not from HC specially after getting defensive about what team your daughter or son is on........

You came on here purposely trying to bash the gym acting like you are from the gym. I have nothing left to say but if this was a real issue TALK TO THE OWNERS!!!!!!! period.

And with that I'm done.

Bye

Last edited:
I will say my peace with this....

No I don't agree with bad sportsmanship.

Some of yall are coming at me because I said "then quit" I said it knowing this person isn't from HC.

I am not affiliated with neither gym. Actually I live no where close to the state... But its absolutely disgusting that you have your HC username when a lot of people know you're not from HC specially after getting defensive about what team your daughter or son is on........

You came on here purposely trying to bash the gym acting like you are from the gym. I have nothing left to say but if this was a real issue TALK TO THE OWNERS!!!!!!! period.

And with that I'm done.

Bye

Oh now, now, come back. We're just discussin'

I guess I'm one who takes things for face value in assuming this person would be from the gym they say they're from. Do you have proof that this person isn't from HC? Honestly, I've never read anything they've posted on here that made me think they weren't from there.

Man... I hate I didn't make my spot in this thread earlier....

Dis_gon_b_gud.gif

you know what ya'll... im trying to be good and do the right thing and be a good Christian W.O.M.A.N!
so I would have someone lock this thread before LaFred from east Compton clovers comes over here.

I don't believe we are discussing the same 2 programs.. But maybe I am just confused considering I wasn't at the comp.

I'm sorry - I thought you did since you said you knew exactly which programs were being discussed. Or, things could have changed since you cheered in Pittsburgh. :) Who did you cheer for?

The sad thing is that a gym (and pretty reputable one from everything I have seen) is being bashed and none of us even know if this really happened.
Think about it....what if this was your gym.
And no gym owner in their right mind would ignore this kind of situation if it was brought to their attention.

Oh now, now, come back. We're just discussin'

I guess I'm one who takes things for face value in assuming this person would be from the gym they say they're from. Do you have proof that this person isn't from HC? Honestly, I've never read anything they've posted on here that made me think they weren't from there.

Agreed.
I tend not stalk posts and try to find out who someone really is. Some people prefer anonymity. Suffice it to say that I dont hate Hot Cheer because of this issue. It's not that serious.
If they start wearing sherbet unis, I will hate them.

I would say things have changed a bit since then. I got to see Poison dance this weekend and, as always, they were incredible. Widows have outdone themselves already.
Widows are always spectacular. Yes I'm sure it was changed, but i stay in very close contact with all my friends in Pgh, so I'm pretty up to date :)

Back