All-Star Poor Sportsmanship At Cheer Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

bQkh6NU.gif

A few weeks ago we won our regional. We were staying with a team that was in our division at a hotel who didnt place and on 3 personal occasions in the elevators when theyre parents got off they would push all the buttons so it would make us stop on every floor, about 18 floors btw, and we were at the top. Yup...they were parents. They also gagged and pretended to throw up when we walked by them. We didnt even do anything remotely unsportsmanlike. So rude.

The plot thickens: it sounds like (if I'm reading this correctly) that the person who fell, which they cheered about, was an ex Hot cheer cheerleader who left and went to another gym. And the parents and coaches were excited that she didnt do well. The OP is possibly close to the person which explains their disdain with the crowd response. If I am correct, this is a really different issue that I don't really falls under the category of sportsmanship. It sounds (from the OP's last post) that its not about them being excited the team fell but specifically them being excited the child fell.

This happens really often. Kid Leaves gym A because gym B "will offer them more opportunity". Kid is not doing so well at gym B, ppl from gym A are thrilled because they think kid did them an injustice by leaving.

Do I agree with this? Definitely not, but it does happen a lot and honestly I don't think it is the same as sportsmanship.

A few weeks ago we won our regional. We were staying with a team that was in our division at a hotel who didnt place and on 3 personal occasions in the elevators when theyre parents got off they would push all the buttons so it would make us stop on every floor, about 18 floors btw, and we were at the top. Yup...they were parents. They also gagged and pretended to throw up when we walked by them. We didnt even do anything remotely unsportsmanlike. So rude.

:eek::eek:

Cause I feel like I'm missing out in the fun...At my previous gym, one of our dads and a dad from another gym got in a fist fight in the stands. Over a seat. Yup. A seat. Cheer spectating is a viscous sport.

I saw something similar last season with a particular mom in my program. She danced a jig when the second place team was announced and it wasn't our kids. It was, IMHO, uncalled for and classless.
I will admit though, we had a bit of a rivalry going with another team over a placement that we felt was home cooking and when one of their flyers fell at a competition later in the season it literally took every ounce of restraint I had to NOT cheer. I did get to look at the scores and found out the fall deduction didn't matter my CP's would have won regardless. In all honesty, I felt bad about it and I hope the coach told her it didn't matter that she fell.
Yes she did and yes it was.

... And she's not a great dancer either.

#deduction!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I still don't see it as bashing HotCheer. Everyone has stupid people in their program that do stupid things. ACE had two mommas get in a fist fight at Cheersport. You think it's crowded at the exit from the floor? A fist fight will fix that right up!

it.

......but were they filming for the Real Housewives of Birmingham tho?

The plot thickens: it sounds like (if I'm reading this correctly) that the person who fell, which they cheered about, was an ex Hot cheer cheerleader who left and went to another gym. And the parents and coaches were excited that she didnt do well. The OP is possibly close to the person which explains their disdain with the crowd response. If I am correct, this is a really different issue that I don't really falls under the category of sportsmanship. It sounds (from the OP's last post) that its not about them being excited the team fell but specifically them being excited the child fell.

This happens really often. Kid Leaves gym A because gym B "will offer them more opportunity". Kid is not doing so well at gym B, ppl from gym A are thrilled because they think kid did them an injustice by leaving.

Do I agree with this? Definitely not, but it does happen a lot and honestly I don't think it is the same as sportsmanship.
Under the guise of competition I think this is sportsmanship. If not what would you call it, vengeance?

Cheer Dad = broke dad

How rude!!!

Back