Power For Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 2, 2013
Hello fellow fierce boarders! I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips for tumbling. I'm level 3 and I need to work on my power and technique. Does any one know what I can do? Drills/conditioning? Any tips would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I've been told (and I agree) that I have very powerful tumbling. For me it's all in the legs, do lots of squats and leg conditioning, I try and take a very fast and powerful run before I throw skills (probably why I suck at standing tumbling) and I try and push through my legs as much as possible

[ QUOTE="seein_starz, post: 919755, member: 32627"]I've been told (and I agree) that I have very powerful tumbling. For me it's all in the legs, do lots of squats and leg conditioning, I try and take a very fast and powerful run before I throw skills (probably why I suck at standing tumbling) and I try and push through my legs as much as possible

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/QUOTE] okay thank you! What are your tips on back handsprings?

[ QUOTE="seein_starz, post: 919755, member: 32627"]I've been told (and I agree) that I have very powerful tumbling. For me it's all in the legs, do lots of squats and leg conditioning, I try and take a very fast and powerful run before I throw skills (probably why I suck at standing tumbling) and I try and push through my legs as much as possible

okay thank you! What are your tips on back handsprings?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/QUOTE]
I really don't have any due to not being able to do standing handsprings from a back injury

In backhandsprings, make sure you're blocking with your shoulders. Otherwise it's hard to get your legs snapped down fast and your chest up. Practice lots of handstand snap downs or do a handstand on the wall and practice blocking over and over again. It feels like shrugging your shoulders.

In backhandsprings, make sure you're blocking with your shoulders. Otherwise it's hard to get your legs snapped down fast and your chest up. Practice lots of handstand snap downs or do a handstand on the wall and practice blocking over and over again. It feels like shrugging your shoulders.

I feel bad for asking this but what is blocking ?

Back