All-Star #prayforsydney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Should a high number of catastrophic injuries mean we are a sport?

• Total voters
It is scary, I've been there but there are lots of supports for the hard of hearing and deaf..I'd rather go partially deaf tho than have brain damage..all I'm saying is that it's fortunate that it isn't more serious

A girl on J5 hurt herself during her toss (not sure exactly how that went down) and she fractured her skull, lost part of her hearing and has a concousin. Another girl in the stunt group whose name is Cambrie (I believe) also got a concusion during that same collision.
she did not lose hearing marlins posted on twitter earlier just a ruptured earlobe i believe if i find the post i will post it

Update: Sydney for some rest last night and is already feeling better. She is not deaf, her ear drum is ruptured, but can still hear...(continued post) hearing is slowly coming. Mom is keeping her coach updated. Will send more details later today. She thanks everyone for your prayers

"Thank you all for you support and caring at this time. Sydney should be home tomorrow to rest, relax and make a full recovery. #strength"

Riptide teammate Cambrie also has a concussion from the collision. Thinking about her as well today. #riptide #sisterhood #strength

she really appreciates all the thoughts and prayers, and so does Cambrie. Riptide is being strong for their teammates. Thank you!

As we keep Sydney in our prayers please also pray for the other injured athletes this past weekend too. It's been a rough weekend for cheerleading. Lots of prayers for marlins and ca over the next few weeks !!

Cheer's dangerous but a high number of injuries doesn't make it a sport. Either way, I'm praying for Sydney and everyone else who is injured; I hope they all make a full recovery soon!

I do not think that injuries should make a sport a sport whatsoever. We shouldn't go around saying "hey, so&so broke *whatever* and people think cheerleading isn't a sport?! YOU COULD DIE IF YOU'RE CAUGHT WRONG!"
Like someone else said, I've cooked and fell and gave myself a black eye *true story..* and I didn't go around saying that cooking is as dangerous as football. & yeah I know that's a stretch but still. But even though it's a terrible idea to use injuries as reasons that it is a sport, it does seem to get people to realize that we work hard and what we do isn't easy and anything can happen.

Back