Preserving Cheer Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 23, 2013
Hi there,
I would really like to know how you can make your cheer shoes last longer because I don't want to have to buy shoes every season. I don't wear my shoes outside and I make sure that I only use a mild soap to clean the outsides but they still manage to break down. Just to let you know I have the nfinity evolution shoes and they aren't as durable as I hoped they would be.

Thanks in advance!

Think of your cheer shoes like running shoes. They need to be replaced often depending on how hard you use them. Getting a full season out of shoes is a good record.

I'm terrible for replacing my shoes. I know it's horrible for any cushioning, but I can't bring myself to do it and break in a new pair. I wear Evolutions, and my previous pair got replaced after 3 years when I wore right through the sole. I still wore them to tumble until the new pair felt ok

I always told my cheerleaders to treat their shoes like any other sport treats their equipment... You don't see track and field athletes wearing their spikes anywhere but out on the track because wearing them on asphalt or concrete will dull them down... Same concept. Cheer shoes are made for wear while cheering... Not for PE or anything else. Put them on in the gym before practice, and take them off before leaving. They WILL last longer.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

For my daughter we got lucky and the gym has allowed us to buy a cheaper shoe for practices so the only wear time she gets on shoes is at competitions. I always have her take them off right after awards and I keep a handy supply of wet ones for wiping off any marks she might have got on them. After a full year..they still look brand new.

Well for starters, I only wear a certain pair of shoes to competitions, and I use all my old shoes as practice shoes. Once I've gotten a full season out of my comp shoes, they get retired and become practice shoes. I only wear my comp shoes at comps, and before and after I wear Cheer Soxx on them as shoe protectors. They are wonderful! My shoes are in great condition compared to the other girls on my teams since I've been using cheer Soxx. :)

Well for starters, I only wear a certain pair of shoes to competitions, and I use all my old shoes as practice shoes. Once I've gotten a full season out of my comp shoes, they get retired and become practice shoes. I only wear my comp shoes at comps, and before and after I wear Cheer Soxx on them as shoe protectors. They are wonderful! My shoes are in great condition compared to the other girls on my teams since I've been using cheer Soxx. :)

I have my daughter do the same thing, minus the Cheer Soxx, they are ridiculously expensive for shoe coverings and God knows we spend enough money on everything else cheer. We purchase about 2 pair of shoes per season, ugh

Back