Private Lessons

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Good luck, Nick! @gymmomla, you see that boy in the picture with my daughter, less than 3 years ago, he was only able to do a cartwheel with poor technique. But in about 2.5 years or today, he performing double and standing fulls, so with hard work this could be Nick's tale too!
That's awesome ! Hard work pays off ! He's definitely got the drive & determination . He is always ️️Practicing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'll probably offend people but being a coach I feel bad for kids who think the private is what made them get their skill. The one hour we'd spend together reminded the child of the body positions we go through in class (for a lot cheaper). I'd much rather see the parents save money, and ask the coach for a few drills they can do before/after a practice, at home, at an open gym. If they really need the one on one (for a heavier spot, or directed input or motivation) then that is great just make sure your kid knows the coach is not a miracle worker, the skills come from the time put in and direct focus on the skill. (Also let them know you paid a lot for the private - they need to be working the whole time and should be physically exhausted at the end!)

I know I'll probably offend people but being a coach I feel bad for kids who think the private is what made them get their skill. The one hour we'd spend together reminded the child of the body positions we go through in class (for a lot cheaper). I'd much rather see the parents save money, and ask the coach for a few drills they can do before/after a practice, at home, at an open gym. If they really need the one on one (for a heavier spot, or directed input or motivation) then that is great just make sure your kid knows the coach is not a miracle worker, the skills come from the time put in and direct focus on the skill. (Also let them know you paid a lot for the private - they need to be working the whole time and should be physically exhausted at the end!)
I think it totally depends on the child and the type of class they're used to being in. You're right though, if a class is run well, an athlete should receive the same lessons in a group setting.

I know that I preferred privates over group classes because I had the coach's undivided attention. I learned more in that short period of time because my coach was able to tailor drills to my needs and I didn't have to wait in line to try the skill again.

I just put my two young nieces in privates because I believe they will benefit from the personalized attention. One is brand new, so I want a focus on technique and I don't want her developing bad habits, and the other has some technique issues in her standing BHS that need to be broken down and fixed.

I think it totally depends on the child and the type of class they're used to being in. You're right though, if a class is run well, an athlete should receive the same lessons in a group setting.

I know that I preferred privates over group classes because I had the coach's undivided attention. I learned more in that short period of time because my coach was able to tailor drills to my needs and I didn't have to wait in line to try the skill again.

I just put my two young nieces in privates because I believe they will benefit from the personalized attention. One is brand new, so I want a focus on technique and I don't want her developing bad habits, and the other has some technique issues in her standing BHS that need to be broken down and fixed.
My CP asked to drop out of her tumbling class and have a private once a week. She was already having privates so this didn't add any thing to her already busy schedule. She got a tumbling block and she finds being able to focus on just what she needs to focus on better for her. The class tends to go over skills she already has and is not tailored towards what she needs. I wish she would stay in the class but if she isn't happy then she won't put in her full effort. her privates are with someone she respects and looks up to so she tries harder.

I'm hoping we won't have to do them for long but right now this is our only option . I don't want him to have to drop out of tumbling Just cause I got this other job [emoji17]. I hope everything works out & we can do privates until a later class opens up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well got a standing private scheduled for next 3 weeks [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well got a standing private scheduled for next 3 weeks [emoji4]

That's great! If the privates are mainly to learn one skill (the roundoff?), I would still have the coach work on other stuff too with him. You don't want him to get bored or feel too pressured. A good coach will do this anyway I think. There's always things to work on! :)

Let us know how it goes!

Back