Problems With New Flyer. Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Make her do the drill where bases squat like they're about to go into an elevator, and make her lock her arms out with her hands on the bases shoulders, then let go of her feet and make her hang there with her arms locked out for 10 seconds. This will teach her to put some weight into her arms while going into an elevator so she can push off y'all's shoulders and go up into her elevator better.
Also tell her all of these problems you mentioned, such as her standing up too early. A little constructive criticism never hurt anybody, it actually helps them :)

- The Fiercest of them all ;)

Make her put herself in without a back. It will teach her to lock out and stand straight up when she goes in. Also Mae her get in and hang herself on their shoulders. She may need to hunch more also

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I recently started working with a new flyer who was much taller than me - she is an absolute dream to base :p however my old flyer started off just like yours - we worked on super simple drills such as hang drills and simply simulating the stunt on the ground. We also got more experienced athletes to base her and the coach corrected her technique throughout the whole stunt - from the load in to the dismount. It definitely gave her an idea of what correct technique is and she occasionally still asks the coaches to correct her technique. I think the key is for coaches to come and physically move them around until they understand what they need to do.

Some people may not agree with me and I'm no expert but from my experience as a base who has a flyer who used to toe, we explained to her that she needs to pretend her feet are stuck to the ground and she also did lots of balancing drills which helped her a lot cos sometimes flyers toe cause they don't feel balanced :) hope this helps

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back