All-Star Props?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 28, 2012
Just a question-- I thought props were a no-no for allstar? And I'm not talking about TG socks-- that's part of the uniform, I know :).

Just a question-- I thought props were a no-no for allstar? And I'm not talking about TG socks-- that's part of the uniform, I know :).
Many allstar teams have used props, including TG. They're allowed

ace warriors used pom poms this past weekend. day 2 was posted. doubt youll find day 1, since one of the guys collapsed had a seizure during the dance.

That's kind of why I posted--besides the fact I thought they were unnecessary (they are good enough without them) I don't why they would risk a fellow teammates health. I have always been under the impression they weren't allowed. So I thought I'd ask :)

I hope they don't become a thing. I watched a team day 1 at comp yesterday that was competing right around CP's team in a different division and they whipped out flags with their team name at the end. I spent day 2 of their performance trying to figure out where they were hiding those flags. Body suit uniform. Waistband of shorts maybe? Not sure. They weren't attached. Held them in their hands at end. But I do love Ace Warriors pom pom dance

It wasn't the poms that caused the seizure it was the flash photography/strobe lights.

I don't know what caused it-- but I can't imagine metallic poms and bright lights don't create the same effect as flash photography. Just my personal thought that I wouldn't take a chance.

I also hope they don't catch on. One more thing to lose lol.

They're allowed and can definitely be effective if you're trying to impact your creativity scores. I wouldn't risk it with a team that didn't already have a knack for performing though. Props are only good if done well.

There were a couple of props that I LOVED over the years:
F5's Michael Jackson glove
Top Gun's magazines
A SS5 team at Worlds 2007 had a sign that said "SMILE!" during their dance. It went well with the music.

Fire & Ice 5 Alarm uses a prop .. blanking on what to call them I wanna say scarves/rags but i know thats not the word haha

They're allowed and can definitely be effective if you're trying to impact your creativity scores. I wouldn't risk it with a team that didn't already have a knack for performing though. Props are only good if done well.

Top Gun's magazines
A SS5 team at Worlds 2007 had a sign that said "SMILE!" during their dance. It went well with the music.
I LOVED the magazines. Best part is that they were real.

I really like TGLC flags last year during their baskets, even though they didn't always show well. I also love Bangkok's huge flags during the end of their pyramids.

I know CEA Junior Elite Princesses last year had a princess theme and had quite a few props including fairy wings, fairy wands and a big book. But I'm not sure if they were used in competition or just at showcase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What i know just at showcase and x evolution. loved that theme though!

I don't know what caused it-- but I can't imagine metallic poms and bright lights don't create the same effect as flash photography. Just my personal thought that I wouldn't take a chance.

I also hope they don't catch on. One more thing to lose lol.

In dance, we had shinny silver poms and they didn't radiate the same effect as flash photography did by a long shot.

Top Gun's magazines
Carolina Allstars in 2006!

Back