All-Star Punishment

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
What would you use as punishment for an athlete with a sprained ankle. I normally just make kids run and do sprints but this is not possible because this person has a sprained ankle. What would you recommend.

stuntaholic said:
What would you use as punishment for an athlete with a sprained ankle. I normally just make kids run and do sprints but this is not possible because this person has a sprained ankle. What would you recommend.

If I have an athlete that can't run...they do crunched, v-ups, lemon squeezes ect

Thanks for the input. Does anyone have anything a lot harder. I'm looking for something real tough the athlete was 45 min late because of a haircut.

My kids hate hollow holds lol.

cheerbear said:
oh I hate them too, with a passion. that's why it's fun for punishment :cool:

I usually break them out for excessive talking. I'll give a warning...maybe 2, but eventually you'll be conditioning, and hollow holds are my favorite.

Wall sits. Do you have a stationary bike? Make her ride through the routine, doing arm motions and saying the cheer words. We used to have to do this for gymnastics, with a "sprint" for our tumbling passes.

at first i mis-read it and thought you were punishing them for the sprained ankle lol
but yeah in gymnastics we had to go 5 hollow holds for 1 min each with a 30 sec break. omgeee about kilt me

I don't think you should use conditioning as a punishment. Athletes shouldn't look upon conditioning as a negative, it should be something you want to do to be better. How about cleaning the gym, dusting the trophies, etc?

Back