All-Star Punishments/sanctions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay, so as many of you know (and if you didn't know, now you will) I am the owner of the Twitter account CheeringWonka. I have over 21,000 followers and people view me as a source of information in the cheer world. Usually I will get emails, messages, tweets, whatever, sending me information about what's going on in the cheer world.

Tonight, Kingston messaged me and asked me if I had gotten an email with the article/blog that was posted earlier. He was told that it was sent out to the major cheer twitters/social media accounts. He also sent me the link. This shall be made clear - I was the ONLY person he sent it to. Kingston contacted me because he had assumed we were in the same boat as far as "major" social media outlets were. I had not received the email myself. We had talked about whether it should be posted or not and both agreed not to post it. We were both hesitant because none of it is factual or confirmed.

And then people started to think that either one of us had actually written the blog.
To be honest, I had no idea of any part of this situation until this afternoon. It is clear that this thread was created with the intention of this subject coming to a head. You can see it with the original few pages of posts. Some people were very cryptic with their responses and they knew what was going on. I did not. I asked a friend of mine and a fellow board member what was going on so I knew the gist of all of it.

I also got a text saying that people knew that King wouldn't create something like that so they believed that I was the originator of the blog. This is NOT true.

As far as Courtney and her family go, I apologize. I apologize for starting anything. Even though I do not find myself at fault for the majority of this, considering the thread was, again, created with the intentions of the situation being made public.

In the defense of the athlete, at least in the situation I am familiar with from my past gym - The kid (and owner, if you want the truth) had no idea of the whole thing. I feel punishing a minor for something like that is wrong.
I agree. And even if the owner or coach knows they are wrong, they may either not tell the athlete or may mislead the athlete into thinking it is not an issue. What I do not understand though is that we all can read the rules and see what is legal and not legal, so why aren't more people doing that?

So no one should have a problem then if I ask my best friend's father to check the database of the "anonymous" blog to find who the registered user is?? Are we all in agreement? Btw, he's a professional hacker for the Air Force (well, retired but still works for them bc once you have a job like that they never really let you retire ;)). He will only do stuff like this for me if it involves the defamation of someone's character or if you feel your personal info is compromised somewhere.

I agree. And even if the owner or coach knows they are wrong, they may either not tell the athlete or may mislead the athlete into thinking it is not an issue. What I do not understand though is that we all can read the rules and see what is legal and not legal, so why aren't more people doing that?
If we want these issues to go away. We have to force people to get the proper information to protect their businesses.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

krystynakrez that's responsible of you to post but from the way this played out I don't believe you had a hand in the way it blew up.

I also appreciate the way you and a few other cheer twitters responsibly deleted a few poor posts that were related to that. Mistakes happen. It's a crime when you aren't willing to admit it and make it right.

I don't know ANY details other than what is posted on here as rumor. I feel that mstealtoyou made it clear what happened so I am going to go off of that. We don't know who did it. Maybe CEA asked to substitute someone. Maybe Cheersport said "Don't worry about it, your exhibition only anyway?" Since I wasn't there, I won't speculate. I don't care to know either.

So no one should have a problem then if I ask my best friend's father to check the database of the "anonymous" blog to find who the registered user is?? Are we all in agreement? Btw, he's a professional hacker for the Air Force (well, retired but still works for them bc once you have a job like that they never really let you retire ;)). He will only do stuff like this for me if it involves the defamation of someone's character or if you feel your personal info is compromised somewhere.

So you're saying he's willing to risk his certifications, career, and prison time for a stupid cheer blog? I don't think it's wise to post that in the Internet.

Someone posted a video in chat a few years ago relevant to someone on this board. I'm pretty sure it's still out there. I'm going to have to do some digging.

lets all drop the rumor.

How can the current system be changed to identify people who don't follow the rules and enforce sanctions?

No one is pointing out yet that the USASF substitution rules state that:

If a team is found to have made an improper substitution or alternate,
this team may:
• Be disqualified.
• Be responsible for repaying the total cost of any funds received
through a “Paid” or “Partial Paid” bid.
• Be prevented (along with the entire program from that gym) from
being eligible for any type of bid to The Cheerleading or Dance
Worlds for the following year.
Just to clarify, this has nothing to do with any of the rumors that have been discussed previously in this thread.
A gym we used to belong to sent an athlete to Worlds this year who had not turned 12 by August 31, 2011, however did turn 12 prior to Worlds. Apparently someone reported them and they were told that they if they competed with this athlete they would be dq'd. They took a chance, competed with her and were dq'd. As per the emails from the USASF, the gym was still eligible to earn a Worlds bid for 2013 in any other division except for the one they were dq'd from.

doesn't surprise me. Reason for my previous post.

Back