High School Pyramid Difficulty Question - Uca

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 5, 2011
I have a school team going to UCA nationals. We've had 4 different pyramids throughout the year and our highest difficulty score has been a 3. It doesn't seem to matter what we change we can't seem to get that score up. For example our current pyramid consists of preps halving up, trick girls tumbling in to a flat back, popping up to the top, squishing to immediate back tuck, full up lib, tick tock, hitch. Anyone have any advice or suggestions on how we could get the difficulty score up? I feel like we've tried different things all year and I just don't know what they're looking for! We're used to getting 4's and 5's on pyramid difficulty in past years and I feel like this years is our toughest yet but the scores haven't been reflecting that!

All of my scoresheets keep telling me to incorporate transitions and not have the same groups do the tricks throughout. I've been struggling a bit with this too.

All of my scoresheets keep telling me to incorporate transitions and not have the same groups do the tricks throughout. I've been struggling a bit with this too.

This would be really difficult if you have a team of 16 of fewer-as you don't have the luxury of having an extra group to brace to throw two flips at once.

Thanks for sharing. Not a single scoresheet of ours this year has had any comments so I feel like we're just in the dark over here making guesses!

We had someone from UCA come do our pyramid this year and we've scored pretty well in difficulty 4, 4.5. We do back flips to split that half turn up then hit a hitch. Those hitches front flip out and then the 2 preps come in to be the 'main pyramid people' and the 2 main girls that did the beginning of the pyramid go out to be preps. I don't know if it helps our difficulty that we have 4 different girls doing main pyramid parts? Maybe you could get in touch with your regional director and see if they can offer you any suggestions.

Our pyramid is express-up, double dip into a tuck, go up to extension lib and then hitch and we have been getting 7.5-8 on it.... thats really a weird situation.

I have a school team going to UCA nationals. We've had 4 different pyramids throughout the year and our highest difficulty score has been a 3. It doesn't seem to matter what we change we can't seem to get that score up. For example our current pyramid consists of preps halving up, trick girls tumbling in to a flat back, popping up to the top, squishing to immediate back tuck, full up lib, tick tock, hitch. Anyone have any advice or suggestions on how we could get the difficulty score up? I feel like we've tried different things all year and I just don't know what they're looking for! We're used to getting 4's and 5's on pyramid difficulty in past years and I feel like this years is our toughest yet but the scores haven't been reflecting that!

Inversion. . . . . transition and flips you should have an all star type pyramid to have a higher difficult score. . . I coach a high school and all star team is we have a 10 on our difficulty in pyramid. We do a hand stand inversion pull throw to hitch, high to high tick tock power press 1.5 up (facing backwards) power press tick tock 1/2 turn forward, layout back flip to stomach, pop to feet, tuck flip to top landing in co-ed huge pyramid stretcher 7 people up in pyramid.

Inversion. . . . . transition and flips you should have an all star type pyramid to have a higher difficult score. . . I coach a high school and all star team is we have a 10 on our difficulty in pyramid. We do a hand stand inversion pull throw to hitch, high to high tick tock power press 1.5 up (facing backwards) power press tick tock 1/2 turn forward, layout back flip to stomach, pop to feet, tuck flip to top landing in co-ed huge pyramid stretcher 7 people up in pyramid.

What division are you? How many girls?

Back