High School Pyramids For 7 Girls

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2012
I am in desperate need of a pyramid for 7 girls for our school song. Last year we did a hitch pyramid, but I don't want to do the same thing this year. It's just so hard to come up with an impressive pyramid having only 7 girls. Any ideas would be great as it's two weeks before our first game and we are stuck. Thank you
Patty

Our size holds us back not our skill. We have 360's up, we have libs, baskets, etc. but having 7 girls limits our stunts we are allowed to do.

Release moves? Braced toe touch to stomach or sponge. Can you get two extended stunts or no? Could do braced stretches or libs.

Do something visual with IP and down motion. Tick tocks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Release moves are illegal with only 7. have to have a prep with backspot and then the stunt that is being released. we can do one extension and one single base extension but it's not too visual still.

Okay, I must have misread that rule then. I've seen the braced toe touches but didn't realize we could do that with a shoulder stand as a brace. thanks

Just looked over the rules and sponge tosses aren't allowed on a gym floor so there goes that idea. Shoot. Any other ideas? Please.

it's not really a pyramid, but it's visual and involves exactly 11 people! i'll explain it, but its probably not going to be very clear so i'll post a video after practice tomorrow!!

on the ground, start with 2 bases bracing the flyer's arms on both sides. have the flyer face the backspot and the backspot hold one of her feet. the group should dip, and with the help of the backspot the flyer should do a backflip onto her stomach into the arms of 2 other bases, and someone else catching her legs/ ankles. that group will then reload the flyer into a sponge, and do a show n'go type thing with the flyer, but the flyer does a 1/2 turn onto her back into the group that originally had her. reload into a squish and as the group with the flyer reloads, have the other group do a shoulder sit and then go up to hitch. i hope this made since...

it's not really a pyramid, but it's visual and involves exactly 11 people! i'll explain it, but its probably not going to be very clear so i'll post a video after practice tomorrow!!

on the ground, start with 2 bases bracing the flyer's arms on both sides. have the flyer face the backspot and the backspot hold one of her feet. the group should dip, and with the help of the backspot the flyer should do a backflip onto her stomach into the arms of 2 other bases, and someone else catching her legs/ ankles. that group will then reload the flyer into a sponge, and do a show n'go type thing with the flyer, but the flyer does a 1/2 turn onto her back into the group that originally had her. reload into a squish and as the group with the flyer reloads, have the other group do a shoulder sit and then go up to hitch. i hope this made since...

This sounds pretty cool. Would love to see a video of it if you have it. Thank you so much!

Back