All-Star Question About Categories.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kellys25

Cheer Parent
Mar 1, 2013
They just switched my cp's category from super tiny to tiny cheer show. I was thinking it was like exhibition, but there are other tiny exhibitions listed. Just wondering what a show is. Thanks!

They just switched my cp's category from super tiny to tiny cheer show. I was thinking it was like exhibition, but there are other tiny exhibitions listed. Just wondering what a show is. Thanks!
Can I ask what competition it is at? I've never heard of either one before.

It's Elite Internationals in Chicago. My older cp has been cheering for 7 years and I've never heard of show.

That's ran by Xtreme Spirit, and they make up their own divisions to get people to come to their competitions. It's not a highly respected competition company and majority of coaches and owners would agree.
Now that makes sense. Thanks for saving me the time this morning to research a little.

Is it safe to assume this will not be a USASF sanctioned competition with the deviation in divisions?

Edited for content

It's Elite Internationals in Chicago. My older cp has been cheering for 7 years and I've never heard of show.
My cp's first team was a "show" team - at least that's what the gym called it. She was maybe 5 or 6 and it was basically a mini level 1 half year team that competed at 2-3 competitions. I've never heard that term as a comp division though.

CP's half year team was a 'show' team and it was an exhibition team. We've been to a few comps that have had multiple tiny teams exhibition their routines and each got a participation trophy/medals, but they were never actually ranked.

Now that makes sense. Thanks for saving me the time this morning to research a little.

Is it safe to assume this will not be a USASF sanctioned competition with the deviation in divisions?

Edited for content

I think it still is, but shouldn't be. Won't be for long. I think that they are trying to step away from the Varsity/USASF hold and be that different IEP that is for the people.....I think it's a complete joke. Nothing but terrible experiences when we went.

That's ran by Xtreme Spirit, and they make up their own divisions to get people to come to their competitions. It's not a highly respected competition company and majority of coaches and owners would agree.
And parents. It was, by far, the lamest event either of my CPs ever attended.

I think it still is, but shouldn't be. Won't be for long. I think that they are trying to step away from the Varsity/USASF hold and be that different IEP that is for the people.....I think it's a complete joke. Nothing but terrible experiences when we went.
It just hit me. Isn't this the same EP that wants to do unrestricted 5 tumbling and something like a 2.5 (L2 stunt with L5 tumbling) division?

Xtreme Spirit is not a USASF member competition producer and instead are sanctioned by something called the US All Star Alliance, which I believe they also run. We will be at this competition as well, it is always valuable to put summit changes out on the floor and have them scored by judges. Last year we did one of their competitions and they ran 2 hours late, no major injuries just sooooo slow between each performance.

I've been to many of their competitions and they were always running late. I hated going to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtreme Spirit is not a USASF member competition producer and instead are sanctioned by something called the US All Star Alliance, which I believe they also run. We will be at this competition as well, it is always valuable to put summit changes out on the floor and have them scored by judges. Last year we did one of their competitions and they ran 2 hours late, no major injuries just sooooo slow between each performance.
How does their scoresheet compare to the Summits? If not the same I can't imagine the judges feedback is completely beneficial.

How does their scoresheet compare to the Summits? If not the same I can't imagine the judges feedback is completely beneficial.

In the past it wasn't but this year they started to use what they call the "industry standard score sheet" which seems to be the Varsity score sheet. Last year when we did this competition they found something illegal (as they do go by most USASF rules except for the fake divisions they created which use a combination of the rules for stunting for one division and tumbling for another) though the Varsity brand judges had missed it all season and they had to make a change for the Summit.

In the past it wasn't but this year they started to use what they call the "industry standard score sheet" which seems to be the Varsity score sheet. Last year when we did this competition they found something illegal (as they do go by most USASF rules except for the fake divisions they created which use a combination of the rules for stunting for one division and tumbling for another) though the Varsity brand judges had missed it all season and they had to make a change for the Summit.
The legality shouldn't depend on the scoresheet though as the safety judges are independent of adding scoring. They should be looking only for legalities and nothing else.

Back