All-Star Question About Gym Membership..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is my understanding that as long as you are not competing with two (different named) programs at one competition, then you are good to go. So if Team A and Team B merge level 5 s to make a Team X... and Athlete Suzy cross competes on Team X level 5 and Team A level 2... then Suzy can not take the floor with both teams at any one competition. But she could take the floor with Team A at one competition and then show up the following week and compete with Team X.

For USASF (Worlds) purposes... she is registered with Team X.

these are 2 separate facilities that are combining just their level 5's. the level 5 team will be called and registered as "THAT team" but they are advertising that athletes can still compete with whatever "home" gym they choose if they would like. how is this possible?
this is what I'm trying to figure out, Ryan! It just doesn't seem possible. I thought that is why gym membership was installed!

this is what I'm trying to figure out, Ryan! It just doesn't seem possible. I thought that is why gym membership was installed!
I think (and I could definitely be wrong) that the only time gym membership is an issue (competition wise) is Worlds. You have to registered with and/or released to (if you were on a different program earlier in the year) the team you take the floor with at Worlds. The rest of the time, as long as you aren't taking the floor with two different programs at the same competition, you could compete on a Cheer Extreme team one weekend, world cup the next and then fly West and take the floor with Cali!

In my opinion, it's one of those issues this "sport" needs to tighten up.

Ok so this is how I think it would work: or at least if I came up with this idea this what I would do!

Now I'm going to use our old gyms name and our new gyms name just because I can't make up anything clever. So these will sound dumb and obviously this won't be true since they are 16 hrs apart but I will give it a shot:

So we have Clarksville cheer extreme Panthers

And we have Stars Vipers.

We have combined to make a level 5. However the rest of the gym is still separate.

So for "registration purposes" at all events for all teams we would call them (both gyms) "stars cheer extreme"

Then we would put the actual gym as the team name like..
Stars Vipers Pure Poison youth 2
& Clarksville cheer extreme sr 4 black

So that way we go under one name for registration purposes so technically the kids can cross from jr3 at stars to sr4 at clarksville cheer extreme to the sr5 team that's mixed! They are all registered under one name including the other non level 5 teams but they still assume their respective gym name in the team heading so they can still be introduced as such.

Stars cheer extreme would just be the made up name to make these gyms appear as one!

Ok maybe I confused y'all!

Ok so this is how I think it would work: or at least if I came up with this idea this what I would do!

Now I'm going to use our old gyms name and our new gyms name just because I can't make up anything clever. So these will sound dumb and obviously this won't be true since they are 16 hrs apart but I will give it a shot:

So we have Clarksville cheer extreme Panthers

And we have Stars Vipers.

We have combined to make a level 5. However the rest of the gym is still separate.

So for "registration purposes" at all events for all teams we would call them (both gyms) "stars cheer extreme"

Then we would put the actual gym as the team name like..
Stars Vipers Pure Poison youth 2
& Clarksville cheer extreme sr 4 black

So that way we go under one name for registration purposes so technically the kids can cross from jr3 at stars to sr4 at clarksville cheer extreme to the sr5 team that's mixed! They are all registered under one name including the other non level 5 teams but they still assume their respective gym name in the team heading so they can still be introduced as such.

Stars cheer extreme would just be the made up name to make these gyms appear as one!

Ok maybe I confused y'all!
that would be a good idea, but I don't think their lower level teams are going to be combined. just strictly level 5!

Sound fishy to me. Like a technically legal way to work agianst the spirt of the rule, an athlete can only compete at one gym.

that would be a good idea, but I don't think their lower level teams are going to be combined. just strictly level 5!

Yes I agree I was just saying they could. So for competitions their lower level and combined level 5 team goes to together and if these level 5 athletes were going to be crossing down to their respective gyms team then it would work! They can just register under one made up name all together for all teams then assume their respective gym names with the "team" name. Then technically they didn't break any rules!

Yes I agree I was just saying they could. So for competitions their lower level and combined level 5 team goes to together and if these level 5 athletes were going to be crossing down to their respective gyms team then it would work! They can just register under one made up name all together for all teams then assume their respective gym names with the "team" name. Then technically they didn't break any rules!
I think that is what the legally correct thing to do would be, but it isn't what is going on.. and that is why I don't understand the whole situation.

like you can compete for 2 gyms during the regular season as long as theyre not at the same competition... but this is Michigan. All star is very small here, we have about 5 well known gyms within the state and maybe 2 or 3 known nationaly. when we're competing locally its ALWAYS the same teams...

Back