All-Star Quiting Or Not?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 30, 2013
Okay so at the begining of this season after i made a level 1 team my coach told me and 4 other girls that we were most likely being moved up to level 2 at the end of the summer. When i was 8 i had my bhs roundoff bhs tuck and layout but i got injured and was out of cheer for 4 years and when i went back to cheerleading this season i was working on my bhs again. I got it back on tuesday and did my round off bhs on wednesday. On thursday my coach announced the people moving up to level 2. She called all 4 girls except for me. So im stuck on a level 1 team not learning anything bassiclly wasting money for nothing. Im wondering if i should quit and just take tumbling lessons and try and get onto a higher level next year or stay on level 1. And im also wondering if i should ask my coach why i didnt get moved up? Please give me some advice

Bailey, Orlando Allstars

This is the advice I would give my own daughter. I would say stay and use this season to grow and be a leader on the team. Just because you have a RO BHS doesn't mean you are ready for a level 2 or higher team. There is more to Allstar and placement on a team than just tumbling.
But do talk to your coach they can give you better feedback than we ever could.

This is the advice I would give my own daughter. I would say stay and use this season to grow and be a leader on the team. Just because you have a RO BHS doesn't mean you are ready for a level 2 or higher team. There is more to Allstar and placement on a team than just tumbling.
But do talk to your coach they can give you better feedback than we ever could.

Thank you for the advice and i know its not just about tumbling its about a lot of things. Like stunt wise i have level 4 stunt skills and i have pretty much level 3 everything else its just my tumbling thats holding me back.

Bailey, Orlando Allstars

I guess I am confused about your placement...is this your first season back after being out 4 years? I was just wondering - I've been on vacay and I am trying to get caught up on threads and noticed that you had also given advice in two separate threads -

1. Winning The Summit last year:

http://forum.spiritcompany.com/index.php?threads/What-It-Takes-To-Be-A-Champion?.32782/

2. Speaking from experience on throwing double fulls:

http://forum.spiritcompany.com/index.php?threads/Double-Fulls.32754/

If this is the case for you I would definitely plan to speak to the coach about placement and see where the issue lies. I would say if you are working doubles and can stunt level 4 there are some unanswered questions.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Totally agree with talking to your coach. Outside of that (and maybe not a popular opinion) if the number is more important than being on the team, you've probably already made your decision.

Also, I completely appreciate and respect that you put your name and program with your posts, but remember that also marks you as a representative of that program and you may wish to engage in those discussions before you start a thread about being unhappy with your placement. Otherwise it may come across to your coaches and the teammates you are "stuck" with (all of whom can read this) as poor sportsmanship.

Just a thought.

I guess I am confused about your placement...is this your first season back after being out 4 years? I was just wondering - I've been on vacay and I am trying to get caught up on threads and noticed that you had also given advice in two separate threads -

1. Winning The Summit last year:

http://forum.spiritcompany.com/index.php?threads/What-It-Takes-To-Be-A-Champion?.32782/

2. Speaking from experience on throwing double fulls:

http://forum.spiritcompany.com/index.php?threads/Double-Fulls.32754/

If this is the case for you I would definitely plan to speak to the coach about placement and see where the issue lies. I would say if you are working doubles and can stunt level 4 there are some unanswered questions.

hmm...:cool:

Okay so at the begining of this season after i made a level 1 team my coach told me and 4 other girls that we were most likely being moved up to level 2 at the end of the summer. When i was 8 i had my bhs roundoff bhs tuck and layout but i got injured and was out of cheer for 4 years and when i went back to cheerleading this season i was working on my bhs again. I got it back on tuesday and did my round off bhs on wednesday. On thursday my coach announced the people moving up to level 2. She called all 4 girls except for me. So im stuck on a level 1 team not learning anything bassiclly wasting money for nothing. Im wondering if i should quit and just take tumbling lessons and try and get onto a higher level next year or stay on level 1. And im also wondering if i should ask my coach why i didnt get moved up? Please give me some advice

Bailey, Orlando Allstars

2dv982x.gif

The FBI of fierceboard is on again :)

Almost nothing stays in the dark at fierceboard ;-)

For the question if quit or not:
I would totally recommend talking to your coaches.
Especially because you posted with your name and gym you are going to, - before someone else does.

It's always good to be honest and i'm not trying to be offensive, just an advice.

If i as a coach would read one of my girls asking for advice on a message board - i'd be at least dissapointed.

Hope you will make a decision that will be the right fit for you.

so.. did you win the summit last year or take 4 years off? just trying to keep up. There are also quite a few OA people on the boards, so I would keep that in mind when posting threads like this.

but to answer this thread, talk to your coach first and foremost. maybe they want you to be a leader or they need a solid base, etc. if you only did a ROBHS 2 days ago, maybe they're worried about consistency. or maybe they just think a year on this team would really be good for you. again, you can speculate all you want but you'll never know unless you ask. of course asking at the appropriate time with the appropriate attitude is just as important. if they give you a reason and you're still unhappy, then maybe consider quitting if you know you'll be miserable. honestly, i still think a year on a "lesser" team is more beneficial than not cheering at all if you want to build your skills.

Back