All-Star Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel-tnt & Cheerforce

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I almost stopped watching as soon as I heard "What do you get... Dallas Cheerleaders... Miss America....".

This is incredibly frustrating as a parent. So I guess all the lessons about being a team player, hard work and perseverance mean nothing. Not to mention the majority of the kids who participate in cheer are extremely in-shape and form strong bonds that last years. So I guess practicing four hours a week is only okay if it is boys hockey, football, or baseball, or girls soccer, volleyball, softball or whatever. I don't see anybody railing gymnastics for skin-tight leos that leave nothing to the imagination. Our uniforms are basically a costume, get it? Kind of like dancers, ice skaters, that sort of stuff. And oh, knucklehead reporter in the video, it's not really the kid getting fined. It's the parents. Since they are the ones responsible for getting the kid there, ya know....Have some common sense...

Horrible. What is with that dad? All you dads out there need to write to Bryant Gumball and tell him how proud you are of your daughters and all about where they start and where they can end up ... college squads, etc. He nor the lady has a clue ... did not do investigative work and made those tinys look like beauty pageant queens ... NOT! He would never let his daughter do it? Duh! Because you don't know anything about it. Trying to say the girls will shake their booty or wear makeup like little hookers ... more or less ... and are taught things that are not good morals. Dumb dumb you want gum gum? WAKE UP GUMBALL. Follow the tinys to US Finals and follow them through Junior and Seniors to Worlds and then tell us what you think! Uuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggg!

i feel it did nothing for the sport! thats like doing an interview on football and saying how everyone of them does drugs and is sending bad messages to kids that its ok to take drugs for sports, when its not! This is not was cheerleading is about. they stated a sterotype that cheerleaders usually get! For those 2min and 30 secs (or at practice) we act like that, and as soon as were done we are normal kids. I can't wait until a REAL show comes on about competitive cheerleading.

just watching the preview P.O'd me.. people are so narrow minding when it comes to cheerleading. im sure if their kid was in football and they missed and got fine it would be A-OKAY!
stupid @$$ people.

Ugh, I saw this episode while we were at Worlds this year and my goodness it made me so mad. One, it's not about the lipstick, the eyeshadow or the uniform. A team could go out on the floor in regular Soffe (sp) shorts and a white shirt and if they hit their routine, they would still get the same result. But unfortunately for us, all people see are the short skirts, the winking, the head rolls and the shaking in the dance. Never mind how being in a structured practice teaches young kids discipline and self control. Never mind that the 4 year old on Tiny 1 has enough body control and memory retention to perform the most difficult tumbling pass on her team. Never mind that this sport is teaching these athletes about good sportsmanship and how to manage multiple activites and responsibility. All key lesson that every child will learn in life. Granted that I have seen a few young ladies do some questionable gestures to the judges/crowd during a performance but those instances are far and wide in between.

The double standards of todays society are astounding. It isn't acceptable for our girls to wear cheerleading skirts/shorts but it's ok for a gymnast to perform in her attire or a ballarina in hers. It's ok for a football member to be fined for missing practice but don't you dare fine cute little Susie for missing 3 practices without so much as a phone call. And the makeup thing is another issue within it's own. For goodness sakes, it's just eyeshadow. Little girls put on eye shadow in the comforts of their own home all the time, what's wrong with a little glitter and eye liner. We're not putting foundation on them, getting the Tiny girls in a tanning bed or giving them false lashes. It's just.....a little.....GLITTER!

It just seems like "they" always find every little reason to discredit us as a sport. And it's always the negatives that are highlighted. Can cheerleading.....for once.......just get some positive light shed on it?

Bryant Gumbel is the one of the biggest weenies on television. Maybe he should do a special on himself and others who have committed adultery. What really tee's me off about him, is A) he of all people, considering his own poor behavior, should judge others and B) he never gets the entire story. He is the original Negative Nancy.

AND he compared cheerleading to beauty pageants! I was like WTH!!!!!!

I'm so happy that shows/episodes like the stingray thing & sr elite being followed to worlds is going to air soon. Hopefully one day people will understand what all star cheerleading is really about!

Back