Really Quick (and Dumb) Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 30, 2014
What is a "downward inversion"? If you're inverted aren't you already facing downward? So what's the difference between an inversion and a downward inversion. Sorry, I come from low level rec cheer and the vernacular isn't always the same. I warned you it was dumb.

What is a "downward inversion"? If you're inverted aren't you already facing downward? So what's the difference between an inversion and a downward inversion. Sorry, I come from low level rec cheer and the vernacular isn't always the same. I warned you it was dumb.
In my understanding it's an inversion where the momentum of the flyer is moving towards the ground. So a waterfall/pancake/whatever you call it when the flyer folds into a pike from extension and is caught on her back but with the backspot still holding ankles, is a downwards inversion. A rewind from the floor into smush/prep/extension isn't a downward inversion because the flyer is traveling upwards. Hope that made sense! It made far more sense in my head than when I tried to put it into words!

Makes sense! Immediately after I posted it I thought about it and was like yeah that's probably what it is. Thanks again @Ren !

Back