Rec Teams And Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 29, 2013
Opinions on rec teams and wearing make up. My rec organization has 4 teams. A tiny, peewee, youth and junior. Is it appropriate for any or all of them to wear makeup? And what kind? Is all the glitter and lipstick too much for a rec team or young teams?

I don't think makeup is necessary or really ok for games. Let them be little girls. If they compete, a bit of mascara, some blush and a pink lip is good for the little ones. If the parents argue, tell them it helps their faces show up more on stage.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a bit of makeup if your rec team is competing. I'm not sure why makeup meant to ensure that faces aren't washed out under stage lighting would somehow ruin the innocence of rec kids... but I guess I may be in the minority. We do a light gray smoky eye with mascara, then a pinkish-reddish lip gloss. We allow parents to opt out if they don't want their daughters to wear makeup, but everyone decided our makeup requests were acceptable for the first comp. We don't even make suggestions for makeup for games, only for comps so their faces can be seen from far away.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

IMO Games...no. Competitions....I like some glitter on or around the eyes when on the mat. But we will not go overboard on red lipstick or dark eyes on our 6 yr olds

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Agree it is not needed for games but a little to help keep faces from being washed out in the competition lights cN help.

We don't use any for small local (gym style) comps and games; but, we defiinitely do for large comps in arenas.

My cp is so pale that she is ghostly, especially under lights. It makes a huge difference when she is onstage.

I have a few friends that are Rec and Comp cheer moms. I introduced them to Younique 3d Mascara and they all LOVE IT. They hated the idea of false eyelashes or having too much makeup for the kids. I found Younique, when my daughter was dabbling in pageants. It is all-natural and chemical free (and no animal testing either)
check it out Jeanne Sottile - Younique - Uplift. Empower. Motivate.
Be Younique with Jeanne | Facebook
let me know if you have any questions

I was a coach for a Rec team for 8 years, I never allowed the girls to wear makeup. They are kids and some of them were nervous enough without having to worry about wearing makeup and match everyone else. I did get them paw print stickers for their face for our bigger competitions.

Back