All-Star Recant

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Pebbles49

Cheer Parent
Jan 27, 2014
@Cheerfan1234 had me thinking and I must set the record straight, Last year I started 2 threads about young athletes prematurely retiring and a second thread that mentioned teams and fast-tracking... I must recant these statements and realized just how I was wrong on all accounts... Now that I am ending my second year, I witnessed, last year, out of the 18 girls who aged off of my daughter's team, only 1 quit, 2 left for other gyms (Worlds teams) and 15 stayed and were placed on level Jr 5, R5 and majority were placed on Jr level 4 team....Many of these athletes talked about quitting and took a month off, so I think these athletes were tired/fatigue and needed a break, but came back before cheer camp...I was also wrong when I mentioned fast tracking, I noticed all the different teams that the athletes were placed on, only thing I did noticed, many Jr level 5 athletes moved to level 5 teams, but not in that fast tracking system I heard about and falsely written about on Fierceboard...

PS: I must apologize if anyone was hurt by my statements...

Last edited:
I don't think anyone was hurt but rather more in disbelief of what was said after being involved for many years and being somewhat familiar with how some programs work.

**Sometimes I ask questions I already know the answer to so I feel smart answering them**

Do you think kids whose progress has stalled should still retire?

ETA: going from memory by I do think that was the gist of those comments a while ago

**Sometimes I ask questions I already know the answer to so I feel smart answering them**

Oh I remember this thread---it does take a lot to come back and recant. I give you props for that.

Do you think kids whose progress has stalled should still retire?

ETA: going from memory by I do think that was the gist of those comments a while ago

Tbh, I was responding to a thread that was started back in 2012- Where the coach from Cheer Extreme, I believe, talked about athletes yearly progression and I pondered those thoughts if an athletes does not move up yearly, will that be considered failure... To me, that is an individual's decision to make and the goals that an athlete set out for the sport... For me, I still do not understand why people got their "panties in a bunch" when I suggested Rec. Cheer as a choice, especially considering the cost of AS Cheer... I know for me, if my daughter was not making yearly progress in an expensive sport (AS Cheer $$$$) I see nothing shameful in directing her to a less expensive sport, but that is my decision...So, nope, I cannot recant my ideas in that aspect, but that is a personal choice and not a condemnation on other athletes, who chooses to continue in the sport...

PS: I am a real CHEAP individual, so if I can find a way to save money, I do it... Rec Cheer only equates as a cheaper sport, not less skilled...Matter of fact, I consider my daughter pretty good at AS Cheer and achieved a lot of things in the 4 years, but she may be seeking a cheaper alternative, which if she stay doing cheerleading-Rec Cheer it will be...

Last edited:
]
1zplhkw.jpg

Last edited:
Tbh, I was responding to a thread that was started back in 2012- Where the coach from Cheer Extreme, I believe, talked about athletes yearly progression and I pondered those thoughts if an athletes does not move up yearly, will that be considered failure... To me, that is an individual's decision to make and the goals that an athlete set out for the sport... For me, I still do not understand why people got their "panties in a bunch" when I suggested Rec. Cheer as a choice, especially considering the cost of AS Cheer... I know for me, if my daughter was not making yearly progress in an expensive sport (AS Cheer $$$$) I see nothing shameful in directing her to a less expensive sport, but that is my decision...So, nope, I cannot recant my ideas in that aspect, but that is a personal choice and not a condemnation on other athletes, who chooses to continue in the sport...

PS: I am a real CHEAP individual, so if I can find a way to save money, I do it... Rec Cheer only equates as a cheaper sport, not less skilled...Matter of fact, I consider my daughter pretty good at AS Cheer and achieved a lot of things in the 4 years, but she may be seeking a cheaper alternative, which if she stay doing cheerleading-Rec Cheer it will be...
Wait, did you indicate cp may be leaving all stars at the end of this current season?

Wait, did you indicate cp may be leaving all stars at the end of this current season?

Yes!!! She will be walking away for 1 year only...She wants to play MS Basketball and run Track for her last year in MS...Additionally, the Rec. Cheerleading squad and Coaches asked her to join and help them win in Disney next year... So she is very excited for the new opportunities...

Last edited:
Yes!!! She will be walking away for 1 year only...She wants to play MS Basketball and run Track for her last year in MS...Additionally, the Rec. Cheerleading squad and Coaches ask her to join and help them win in Disney next year... So she is very excited for the new opportunities...
Wow, big changes ahead for cp. Surprised since I thought she had a good year. And unless I'm confusing her with someone else I thought she'd be moving up to an older team.

Wow, big changes ahead for cp. Surprised since I thought she had a good year. And unless I'm confusing her with someone else I thought she'd be moving up to an older team.

Yes, her Youth squad had a good year, winning back to back NCA and UCA titles, plus, she was slated to age off her team...But I think, it could be fatigued or just wanting to be with her neighborhood friends, which I mentioned in other threads, AS Cheer is not a popular sport in our community, she is ready to hang up the bow... But her friends who are on the Rec Cheer squad have been asking her to join... So, she is considering other options for next year...,

Well, I know you and your CP off the board and when I saw this thread, I was praying it wouldn't start to go in a crazy direction. Good luck to your CP. She is a really great kid!!! Whether she stays or goes, I wish her all the best. (Love you goys. And, please, don't let your responses turn this into a Round 2. ;)Lol.)

You know a wise person on this board (@Cheerfan1234) told me I was bitter frustrated and throwing shade at a certain gym... In retrospect, you may be right on this matter, I should be bitter, frustrated and throw shade at all this gym's Defectors... You know, there was a time I could find good parking, right in front of the gym, but NOW, I have to park clear across the parking lot and get this, WALK! !I don't know, I really HATE this and it is certainly not fair, Why, should I have to WALK?

Last edited:
You know a wise person on this board (@Cheerfan1234) told me I was bitter, frustrated and throwing shade at a certain gym... In retrospect, you may be right on this matter, I should be bitter, frustrated and throw shade at all this gym's Defectors... You know, there was a time I could find good parking, right in front of the gym, but NOW, I have to park clear across the parking lot and get this, WALK! !I don't know, I really HATE this and it is certainly not fair, Why, should I have to WALK?
I have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

You know a wise person on this board (@Cheerfan1234) told me I was bitter, frustrated and throwing shade at a certain gym... In retrospect, you may be right on this matter, I should be bitter, frustrated and throw shade at all this gym's Defectors... You know, there was a time I could find good parking, right in front of the gym, but NOW, I have to park clear across the parking lot and get this, WALK! !I don't know, I really HATE this and it is certainly not fair, Why, should I have to WALK?
And here you are - still throwing shade with this post. Hard to believe an apology when it is followed with this. Good luck to your CP.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Back