Recovering From A Pulled Hamstring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2010
Last winter, I pulled my hamstring (on my left leg, of course :banghead:). I'm a flyer and I overstretched. Now its getting better, does anyone have any tips on how to slowly stretch so I can get my flexibility back? My coach wants all of the flyers to have bow n arrows by competition season. Thank you!

Do your splits for 2 minutes at least one day per week. DO NOT go past the point to where it hurts really bad! It'll take some time but you will get it back if you stay persistant and dont over do it. It helps to have people help you stretch or raise your leg in the split on a mat. Good luck!!:)

Do your splits for 2 minutes at least one day per week. DO NOT go past the point to where it hurts really bad! It'll take some time but you will get it back if you stay persistant and dont over do it. It helps to have people help you stretch or raise your leg in the split on a mat. Good luck!!:)
thank you! :)

If you can, I'd see a physical therapist. It happened to me years ago and I discared it.My flexibility never went back to normal, it always hurt (but I'm a base so it wasn't as important to me).
Years later, I tore the muscle with one stupid wrong move during a cartwheel! I finally went to a doctor and he prescribed me physical therapy. It worked wonders!! I almost got my flexibility back to before the fist injury.

If you can, I'd see a physical therapist. It happened to me years ago and I discared it.My flexibility never went back to normal, it always hurt (but I'm a base so it wasn't as important to me).
Years later, I tore the muscle with one stupid wrong move during a cartwheel! I finally went to a doctor and he prescribed me physical therapy. It worked wonders!! I almost got my flexibility back to before the fist injury.
Thanks, I'll look into it!

Latest posts

Back