All-Star Report On Cheerleading Being A Sport/ Catastrophic Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 17, 2011
Hi everyone, I am doing a report for one of my classes on cheerleading being a sport and the consequences of it not being a sport, such as injuries. I feature both Cali Aces and Maryland Marlins in my report. I'm featuring them not only because of the injuries sustained in both incidents, but also due to how moving they are. Well, the main reason why I'm posting this is because I cannot find the picture, I've been searching for the last hour. Does anyone remember the picture of Brea (from Marlins) on the sidelines cheering her team on and crying? It an extremely emotional picture, so I wanted to feature it. Does anyone have it?

Also- if you have been a recent part of these teams, or if you have a close connection with either of these incidents I would appreciate a quote or two I can put in my report (you can remain nameless if you would like)! :)

Lastly- after much research I have found that there are 'controversies' with both Varsity brands and Title IX that have to do with the classification of cheerleading as a sport. If you possibly know anything about these (opinions, personal experiences) and would like to help me out let me know!

Thanks so much!

vrdkl5.png

2rqk6rk.png

either of these?

I was looking for that first one, and the one of her facing the camera.

Thanks so much!!

Back