OT Rest In Peace

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

F!ERCE

Cheer Parent
Mar 23, 2010
An 18-year-old girl, Haeley McGuire, (along with two other friends) from my area was killed early Sunday morning in a car accident. I was just with her a few weeks ago, swimming on the beach and planning nights out. She was truly one of the most vivacious and kindest people I have ever met. Words cannot express the life she had in her. She was a regular fun-loving teenager, just like so many of us, who was out for a night with her friends. She would have graduated high school in just two weeks and gone on to the University of South Carolina.

Please let her tragic, tragic story come as a lesson to you. ANYTHING can happen to ANYONE. Never, ever get in a car with a drunk driver, and never get behind the wheel of car after a few drinks. There is always a better option. You think it cannot happen to you, but it can. She was a bright, beautiful young woman with so much ahead of her...and her life was cut short this weekend.

n594168884_519177_196.jpg
66361_483429313884_594168884_7102485_5384515_n.jpg

*Haeley is on the right.
13747_212602803884_594168884_4229563_4396744_n.jpg
47235_461439213884_594168884_6674536_6049181_n.jpg

Click here to read the story of the five friends and the driver who fled the accident:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/maryland/3-dead-in-olney-car-crash-051511

Rest in peace beautiful angel.

She is absolutely gorgeous and I completely agree...definitely a lesson learned for everyone. Unfortunately, people still drive drunk and still get in the car with a driver whose been drinking even when tragic accidents like this occur so frequently.

I have seen and unfortunately known so many young men and women have had their lives taken right out from underneath them due to an accident that seemed like innocent fun and not even possible at the time. Sending lots of prayers to her family and friends-I love you Han, and I know Haeley would appreciate you saying those kind words about her.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful, dear friend. Hugs and prayers, sweet pea.

Thank you for sharing your heartbreak - hopefully it will make someone think.

I agree! Thank you so much for sharing this! I work at a hospital myself and see so many senseless tragedies involving people who have their whole lives ahead of them! I hope that this serves as a lesson to all that read it. Always take time out and think before making a decision that could end everything...

Ahh this is so sad :( Sorry for your loss, Hannah. Just know she is looking over everyone now. Her, the friends, and their families will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Unfortunately I know what its like to lose a friend and its extreamly painful. Prayers to her family and yourself. My prom is this weekend and I want to get the word out to my friends not to drive drunk. We had an assembly on drunk driving and not surprisingly no one listened. I dont think people understand the seriousness of a situation like this. I am so sorry for her family and friends. Prayers from Annapolis.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Unfortunately I know what its like to lose a friend and its extreamly painful. Prayers to her family and yourself. My prom is this weekend and I want to get the word out to my friends not to drive drunk. We had an assembly on drunk driving and not surprisingly no one listened. I dont think people understand the seriousness of a situation like this. I am so sorry for her family and friends. Prayers from Annapolis.

Please tell your friends to REALLY listen to what they are saying. Haeley's high school had an assembly on drunk driving, as well, just a few months ago, where they emphasized it CAN happen to anyone. Show your friends the story of this girl. Please.

Please tell your friends to REALLY listen to what they are saying. Haeley's high school had an assembly on drunk driving, as well, just a few months ago, where they emphasized it CAN happen to anyone. Show your friends the story of this girl. Please.
Absolutely. We had an assembly and even a demonstration by the fire dept. of how they would take someone out of a crashed car. Sadly most people didnt take it seriously, only as a way to get out of class. Most people skipped it. It hits home because shes also in MD and everyone here is having their proms this next couple of weekends. I would hate to have this happen to someone I knew, once again. My friend died a year ago from drinking and driving. She lived in AL and her car was flipped 3 times. Its a hard thing to have happen and Im so sorry for yours and the familys loss.

im so sorry hannah... this is the biggest reason i really pushed for our highschool's involvement of SADD (students against dangerous decisions) leading up to prom. i started this thing to raise awareness of drunk driving and other bad decisions. throughout the week in between periods the head of SADD would come on the announcements and announce the "death" of a classmate, and explain how it happened, always having something to do with drunk driving or other dangerous decisions. after their "death" that student wore black the rest of the week and they were not allowed to talk, symbolizing their loss. it surprisingly has a drastic effect on our students, and i wish i could encourage other students to do something similar.
your friends and their families are in my prayers hannah <3

Oh Hannah I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and of those whom she touched in my prayers. Praying that God wraps his arms around all of you in this sad sad time. :(

Back