All-Star Restricted 5

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
I just wondered why in restricted 5 you are allowed to do bounding skills and arabians and such but the order of skill progression according to the USASF arabians and bounding skills are after you learn a double full.... any thoughts on this?

i haven't ever taken the USASF tests or anything, but i've heard a lot of people complain about their methods and progression and how vague the instructions are

I will behave; I will behave; I will behave; I will behave:banghead:
do you honestly and wholeheartedly believe that putting comments like this are genuinely helpful to answering her question...just wondering cause this is a legit question and not a "whose gonna win worlds" I dont think the asker loves getting notifications hoping to have her question answered and to only find comments like this (and this) ...just my humble opinion

do you honestly and wholeheartedly believe that putting comments like this are genuinely helpful to answering her question...just wondering cause this is a legit question and not a "whose gonna win worlds" I dont think the asker loves getting notifications hoping to have her question answered and to only find comments like this (and this) ...just my humble opinion
:stupid:

Actually, I'd consider @tumbleyoda 's response to be one of frustration at current cheer tumbling progressions and the way they're taught and NOT the OP's question, as that's their typical area of strength (tumble, yoda, yeah..) and from what I can recall, in the past it's been their general frustration. I myself would be curious about that as well..:starwars:

I just wondered why in restricted 5 you are allowed to do bounding skills and arabians and such but the order of skill progression according to the USASF arabians and bounding skills are after you learn a double full.... any thoughts on this?
What bounding skills would you be referring to? The only one you can do is whip full. And you can do an arabian but not tumble out of it. So maybe they think this is meeting in the middle?

What bounding skills would you be referring to? The only one you can do is whip full. And you can do an arabian but not tumble out of it. So maybe they think this is meeting in the middle?
I didn't think you could do a whip full in Res 5? The way it was explained to me is every full must originate from a bhs or round off?

I didn't think you could do a whip full in Res 5? The way it was explained to me is every full must originate from a bhs or round off?
you're right. that was early this morning. so there are no bounding skills for restricted 5 this year.

you're right. that was early this morning. so there are no bounding skills for restricted 5 this year.
I just wanted to clarify before I commented. So with that being said, USASF is putting Whip Full, tumbling out of fulls and Arabians on the same level as a double. I guess I don't see what your saying? A whip full and tumbling in and out of full and doubles are on a different level than front through and whip through to fulls. I guess I'm just confused on what your saying DOESN'T progress correctly?

Actually, I'd consider @tumbleyoda 's response to be one of frustration at current cheer tumbling progressions and the way they're taught and NOT the OP's question, as that's their typical area of strength (tumble, yoda, yeah..) and from what I can recall, in the past it's been their general frustration. I myself would be curious about that as well..:starwars:

Yes you would be correct. That was what I responded to. It was late and I should have quoted the poster I was responding to. The tumbling portion of the test is an abysmal joke with no real instruction to a person who has no knowledge of progression, technique, etc. Based on what I have see as the minimizing of tumbling in cheer this frustrates me greatly. If you lower the requirements you don't need staff who are properly trained, which then means you lose a knowledge base except for the few gyms that can afford to keep someone on their staff that can actually teach as opposed to say "do it again." Many of the questions on the test the answers could be potentially different based on the athlete that was performing the questioned skill.

Personally I am going to teach proper progressions regardless.

Yes you would be correct. That was what I responded to. It was late and I should have quoted the poster I was responding to. The tumbling portion of the test is an abysmal joke with no real instruction to a person who has no knowledge of progression, technique, etc. Based on what I have see as the minimizing of tumbling in cheer this frustrates me greatly. If you lower the requirements you don't need staff who are properly trained, which then means you lose a knowledge base except for the few gyms that can afford to keep someone on their staff that can actually teach as opposed to say "do it again." Many of the questions on the test the answers could be potentially different based on the athlete that was performing the questioned skill.

Personally I am going to teach proper progressions regardless.
Amen!

Back