All-Star Revolution Cheer Event

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know that black ops (black ops will now be going to spirit sports in Palm Springs instead) and aces have officially pulled out of the comp and apparently cheer athletics has as well- and those are just the ones I know off the top of my head

So wait a second...is this that event that had all the mysterious twitter hype? :confused: I won't understand it fully until it actually happens.

So wait a second...is this that event that had all the mysterious twitter hype? :confused: I won't understand it fully until it actually happens.
No I think that was Champions League. It's still on as far as we know.

No this one also had mysterious hype that made no sense. They never even really said what this was - just a bunch of vague posts about "are you ready?" and about how "The Revolution has begun". Then pics of the venue, and some posts about how it was a completely new format and that teams would finally get to show their creativity.

Then......... . Silence. And quite a few people were annoyed by the millions of new competitions and how they were all trying so hard to be mysterious but it was just dragging out too long (I'm looking at you, champions League). And I do remember people saying there was no way all these competitions could succeed. That seems to be true.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

No this one also had mysterious hype that made no sense. They never even really said what this was - just a bunch of vague posts about "are you ready?" and about how "The Revolution has begun". Then pics of the venue, and some posts about how it was a completely new format and that teams would finally get to show their creativity.

Then......... . Silence. And quite a few people were annoyed by the millions of new competitions and how they were all trying so hard to be mysterious but it was just dragging out too long (I'm looking at you, champions League). And I do remember people saying there was no way all these competitions could succeed. That seems to be true.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

At least in the short term, the failure of the Revolution actually increases the chance of the Champions League succeeding, IMO. They were very different business models, but they were both targeting the same need in the cheer event market.

(Note: I would agree that there were some marketing mistakes made by both organizations)

At least in the short term, the failure of the Revolution actually increases the chance of the Champions League succeeding, IMO. They were very different business models, but they were both targeting the same need in the cheer event market.

I still think all these new competitions are missing the mark on the key component: the lower level competition afterwards. Majors was successful because it could capitalize on JamFest. Realistically all the Majors did was move their Level 5 competition to one night and sold even more tickets to it. Brilliant idea really. NCA and CHEERSPORT could do the same thing but I think it would be more detrimental to them as their level 5 competition is pretty fierce** and winning those divisions is a bit more esteemed than winning JamFest level 5 was.

**holy crap someone actually used the word fierce as it was intended to be used.

(Note: I would agree that there were some marketing mistakes made by both organizations)

Definitely true. I think there were too many at once and it was inevitable that only some could or would survive. I'm counting the Majors even though it's a few seasons old, because it's in the same theme (invite only, level 5, offering an alternative to worlds, etc)

Darwinism of cheer I suppose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app

I still think all these new competitions are missing the mark on the key component: the lower level competition afterwards. Majors was successful because it could capitalize on JamFest. Realistically all the Majors did was move their Level 5 competition to one night and sold even more tickets to it. Brilliant idea really. NCA and CHEERSPORT could do the same thing but I think it would be more detrimental to them as their level 5 competition is pretty fierce** and winning those divisions is a bit more esteemed than winning JamFest level 5 was.

**holy crap someone actually used the word fierce as it was intended to be used.

(sorry. Double post)

But the Revolution was also having lower levels over the weekend. At least according to some of their tweets and website. But I agree - offering them is not the same as piggy-backing off an already successful comp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app

But does it count if you wrote it AND had to point it out?

I totally agree that this comp (event...whatever) would have been more successful if it had piggybacked off an already established comp. Additionally, I think they blew it by choosing Chicago in January (hello potential travel nightmare!) on a weekend where there are already at least 4 large comps offering quite a few paid and at large bids to both Worlds and Summit.

I think both events had planned to have non-L5 competitions in conjunction with their L5 event.

I totally agree that this comp (event...whatever) would have been more successful if it had piggybacked off an already established comp.

Which "well-established competition" would be willing to do this without being in control of it themselves?

I think both events had planned to have non-L5 competitions in conjunction with their L5 event.

Sorry, I meant that the lower level allows the major competition to be successful.

Back