All-Star Ring Chasers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 12, 2011
How do you feel about people who move around and switch to a gym once that gym has won Worlds? All in hopes of getting a ring?

I don't really believe that just because a gym won a Worlds title is something that is going to draw "gym hoppers"!! Teams that are able to attain a World title, have their own pool of talent to pull from, and really aren't looking for that type of person.

I don't really believe that just because a gym won a Worlds title is something that is going to draw "gym hoppers"!! Teams that are able to attain a World title, have their own pool of talent to pull from, and really aren't looking for that type of person.

I agree ! I have friends who have switched to gyms with no world medals its because they like what they see and they are looking for that type of enivorment but sometimes worlds medals does play a part

Ring chasers bug me a heck of a lot more then just a normal gym hopper. What bothers me the most is I tend to see the ring chasers finally get a ring and after that they don't stick around that gym much longer. It is like once they got their ring they are good to go back to any other gym.

Alot of people switch gyms because they like that environment or need a change of scene. I totally agree that real ring chasers are annoying though! Not all people change gyms though to win or be on a better team. Some dont have a choice because of family matters (example peyton bonham). So sometimes people shouldnt just assume. I think some gyms have loyalty policies as well when it comes to making their worlds teams. The girl whos been there cheering since she was a baby is gonna make the team before a new girl with the same skills.

i have a guy friend who is switching to a gym this year ..they did win a ring this year at worlds(it was an all girl division that the ring was won in though) HOWEVER (at some people's views might differ) i do truly believe his reason for going to this gym . he himself has grown tremendously as an athlete and is amazing at tumbling. he just has outgrown the gym. he needs to go on and do better things. i will support him like i do for any of my friends that move on/switch gyms as most of my friends did when i switched gyms<3

I have seen some people switch back and forth between gyms, whether coaches, location, or overall environment have played a factor. However when I see the same athlete switch their gym three seasons in a row in search of a great level 5 team in hopes of even making it to day 2 at worlds I'd hope they'd take just a few seconds to sit back and think, "is there something I need to reevaluate here? What do I need to bring to the table that I haven't been able to before? Do I need to keep trying to find that lucky team that's going to win with or without me, or is it me?"
I'm not saying it's one persons fault for losing, but just some self evaluation can just help put somethings into a different perspective.

Our very first allstar gym was small- four teams. We started mid-season and right after that the other gym that had been around a while got their first bid and went to Worlds. Of course all of the junior and senior aged athletes bolted from the small gym right after the season ended. It absolutely obliterated the small gym's roster for all of the divisions to the point that they had to close their doors. No joke. So you don't even need to be chasing a ring. Once a gym from an area gets a bid that has never seen a team get a bid, people will leave their gym and go there. Without a doubt.

personally it annoys me because honestly the team may have won worlds the year before but that doesn't mean that they're gonna be as good and win another ring so the person may end up switching over for nothing. honestly this is what it wants to make me do sometimes :banghead:

i know this boy that was on a certain team one year who got second at worlds and the other team got first, this year he went to the gym that got first the previous year and the gym he switched from won worlds and got a ring. cant catch a break!

If someone switches in "hopes" of winning a ring, they still have to A. Make the team and B. The team has to put in the work again.
Different teams/gyms are different, if someone chooses to leave one gym to go to another, again, as long as their account is clear, they should be able to. There are times where an athlete may outgrow a gym. We often look to gymnastics, how many "elite" gymnastics gyms are there? Answer: not many

Back