All-Star Ripped Off Dances?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There was a well known gym in GA last season (10-11 season) using Rays Platinum's 09-10 dance mix for one of their youth teams. You could even hear at the end where it cut off as it was beginning to say "RAYS". I dont understand why anyone would pay someone to do a mix for them and be OK with them stealing music from another team.

I watched a Mini team at Jamfest Super Nationals that completely ripped off the opening of UA Dynasty's mix from the 09-10 season. The gym has the same "royalty" theme as UA, so I guess it was easy to incorporate it. Even my 7-year-old CP recognized it.

Speaking of which, not totally related, but funny still, at UCA last weekend, my CP and I were watching GymTyme's Mini 1 team. In their music, they use the intro from Pink's music and one other voiceover from last season, which I personally think is the cutest thing ever. My CP is slightly obsessed with Pink's 10-11 music, and she hears it, her eyes get huge, and she says, "They STOLE Pink's music!" I kindly explained to her that it was the same gym and that it was okay in this situation. LOL

So I came across this high school routine and their dance was very, I mean very familar to WCSS dance from 08!!
watch for yourself..

But I just wanted to see what you all think when other teams rip off other teams dances? Or if there are other teams that had similar dances?

This is so awkward

I kinda feel like it's different with Panthers though. I only say that because they pulled so much inspiration from SYTYCD using the song for a routine. It's anyone's fair game. SYTYCD is a primetime show on a popular network, obviously a lot of people saw it. If Panthers can use it to choreograph their dance why can't other gyms do it without being called copycats?

I kinda feel like it's different with Panthers though. I only say that because they pulled so much inspiration from SYTYCD using the song for a routine. It's anyone's fair game. SYTYCD is a primetime show on a popular network, obviously a lot of people saw it. If Panthers can use it to choreograph their dance why can't other gyms do it without being called copycats?
While in some ways I can see that, I think it also depends on how long the team has had that dance. Did they have one before then change it? Were they always using that song, or were they using something else before and now it's INCREDIBLY similar.

Back