• Thread starter Deleted member 1556
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
D

Deleted member 1556

Hey guys!
So this summer, my cousin and I will be driving from Boston,MA to Fort Meyers, FL. We want to make a roadtrip out of it, down the east coast. (So teenage girl *hairflip*). I know theres a lot of East Coasters on here, so give me some suggestions of places to stop, and things to do! We have about a week to get there and back, which leaves a lot of time for adventuring. I'm 18, and she's 17. All suggestions are helpful!

South of the Boarder is a popular place! (I've never been, just heard of it)

I'd suggest stops in Philly, Baltimore and DC. DC has lots of free stuff on the Mall.

Are you taking 95 or 81?

DC has a ton of stuff to do, Richmond has a lot of historical stuff, you could stop at OBX in NC, Myrtle Beach in SC...past that I'm at a loss, we always blow through GA on the way to Florida

A note about South of the Border, it's really just a souvineery touristy stop with some outlet shops and sketchy rides. Cool if you want a cactus wearing a sombrero or are looking to eat Mexican for lunch

DC has a ton of stuff to do, Richmond has a lot of historical stuff, you could stop at OBX in NC, Myrtle Beach in SC...past that I'm at a loss, we always blow through GA on the way to Florida

A note about South of the Border, it's really just a souvineery touristy stop with some outlet shops and sketchy rides. Cool if you want a cactus wearing a sombrero or are looking to eat Mexican for lunch
don't forget the sombrero water tower!

But, South of the Border is a must for cheesy pics and pyramids with Pedro. Like, you really have to. Every time we drive past, I stop and buy an ashtray. It's just so appropriate. It's an annual tradition now!

If you're in North Florida visit Old St. Augustine! It's the nation's oldest city and it's filled with history! I love it there (plus Acapulco is an AMAZING restaurant FYI)

Hey guys!
So this summer, my cousin and I will be driving from Boston,MA to Fort Meyers, FL. We want to make a roadtrip out of it, down the east coast. (So teenage girl *hairflip*). I know theres a lot of East Coasters on here, so give me some suggestions of places to stop, and things to do! We have about a week to get there and back, which leaves a lot of time for adventuring. I'm 18, and she's 17. All suggestions are helpful!

You realize that it's about 7-8 hours of driving each day for the entire week, right? That's assuming no construction, wrecks, etc. Not sure that really leaves a lot of time for adventuring.

My suggestion is to make the southern part of the road trip more like somewhere in Virginia or North Carolina. Give your selves some time to really explore and take some side trips. Visit gyms, museums, colleges, local restaurants, etc.

The idea of two teenage girls driving 3,000 miles in a week scares the hell out of me and I don't mean that personally to you two.

You realize that it's about 7-8 hours of driving each day for the entire week, right? That's assuming no construction, wrecks, etc. Not sure that really leaves a lot of time for adventuring.

My suggestion is to make the southern part of the road trip more like somewhere in Virginia or North Carolina. Give your selves some time to really explore and take some side trips. Visit gyms, museums, colleges, local restaurants, etc.

The idea of two teenage girls driving 3,000 miles in a week scares the hell out of me and I don't mean that personally to you two.

Bahaha thank you! We a week, but with a lot of freedom time wise. Could be more, could be less- a week is a rough estimate.

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!

Back