All-Star Roll Out 'spring Floor'

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

apologies for taking this a little OT but we had a similar problem, our solution was for the kids to keep their trainers in the gym in lockers and for them NEVER to be worn outside. Even all the gym coaches have 'gym shoes' that they keep and wear inside the gym only.
this is what we did before we got the Olympic gym but the new floor actually disintegrates into fluff if you go anywhere near it with a rubbery/rough surface, they aren't even allowed to wear the soft gymnastics shoes in case they damage it :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

King are you thinking for half time? Or practice/competitions?

For under 5 you'd need like an automatic installed on a wall

4 folds -10'6" sections

Hydraulically extends with wheels to roll out that also pulls out a tarp to protect the floor

There would be some details to figure out among the fold where the spring sides are both inward

But can you even set up a roll up floor in under 5?

My thinking is for competitive team practice and competition. Something where the surfaces could be standardized and be the same for high school, college, and allstar. The reason we still have high school and college competitions on hard floor is because spring floor is cost / space prohibitive. International growth is also delayed by lack of a spring floor and subject to these same issues. If a floor could tetris itself up, wrap around a safety slope because it is off the floor easily then every college and high school would suddenly be working with a proper surface. Competition companies have to take the stance that hard floor is safe because the solution isn't there to give everyone a proper floor. If hard floors weren't safe a lot of cheerleading would go away, and that is a bad thing. So instead of trying to argue the safety of hard floor, why not solve it so everyone can have a spring?

how much currently are mats and how much currently is a spring floor?

I feel like someone told me mats were 750 a piece, so 6,750?

how much currently are mats and how much currently is a spring floor?

I feel like someone told me mats were 750 a piece, so 6,750?
You can get the mats from 539 and up + shipping and spring floors from a out 9000 to 13000 once you consider shipping, one company is 12,000 total including installation

So with shipping you are looking at 17-18000 total

You can get the mats from 539 and up + shipping and spring floors from a out 9000 to 13000 once you consider shipping, one company is 12,000 total including installation

So with shipping you are looking at 17-18000 total

If the mat were part of the spring floor system and combined I imagine that would reduce the cost.

If the mat were part of the spring floor system and combined I imagine that would reduce the cost.
making an easier and quicker to install product is most likely going to be more expensive than wood and screws, you can get the hardware for a spring floor for i believe 2-3000 the wood itself is probably another 2-3000 the rest is just the assembly of the pieces, shipping costs and profit margin

unless there was a cheaper material, an easier production process(i.e. there was sufficient demand to have factory assembly line production), or it was so compact that shipping costs are greatly reduced, I don't foresee there being a real reduction in cost.

perhaps a change in the structure all together such as Trampoline | World's Safest Trampolines & Exercise Equipment | Springfree ™ Trampoline USA did with trampolines
that perhaps something that could be rolled, produced in high enough quantities, and compact enough to save on shipping

kind of related... lol
a girl on my team last preactice asked if we could just bring 1 pannel of spring floor to practice tumbling on... but we dont have our own building right now... how ling does it take to set up 1 or 2 strips of spring floor?

Back