OT Roommate Rants

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 27, 2010
I always see posts with people having roommate problems in the random thread so why not have them all in once place? My OCD will be happier this way :)

My roommate is dog sitting for her aunt while she is out of town. It's a tiny dog who is usually well behaved so I agreed that we could keep Lucy for the weekend. Turns out she will be here for 12 days. My roommate is in 17 hours and works 25 hours a week, so I've become the one in charge of taking it out, giving it medicine, all that jazz. And now she said she'd be home almost an hour and a half ago but went out with her new boyf instead. I'm so livid and just want to sleep but can't because the dog won't stop barking!!!

I feel much better after ranting. Who else needs to let out some steam??

My roommate stole my clothes then posted pictures of him wearing them, used my stuff without permission, took advantage that I can't say no and always asked for rides, never wore any clothes in the room, and masturbated in the bed beside me. However, after I finally said something about everything he left me with this gift. I love him.

2h3zmsn.jpg

I feel like everything I didn't like about my roommates is no big deal after reading this lol. They never take the trash out. They just let it pile up and it starts to stink. They complain about the smell, but never take it out. I always end up taking it out because I can't stand it being full. And the other day, we had 2 days where it was cold (in the 30s at night). One of my roommates turned the air conditioning off and when I woke up in the morning, our thermostat said 60. I turned the heat on, and she turned it back off. My poor dog was wrapped in a blanket shivering :(

I feel like everything I didn't like about my roommates is no big deal after reading this lol. They never take the trash out. They just let it pile up and it starts to stink. They complain about the smell, but never take it out. I always end up taking it out because I can't stand it being full. And the other day, we had 2 days where it was cold (in the 30s at night). One of my roommates turned the air conditioning off and when I woke up in the morning, our thermostat said 60. I turned the heat on, and she turned it back off. My poor dog was wrapped in a blanket shivering :(

Haha I had that trash battle many times in and after college. Now that I live with my boyfriend that's generally his "job" since I do most of the other chores.

I got most of my rants out last night but last week I did come back (I go home on the weekends) and she had used my microwave without my permission which is totally cool except for the fact that she spilled brown crap all over it and didn't clean it up so it dried sticky. I spent an hour cleaning it out. I was so angry and it was obviously her because all I ever cook in there is the occasional hot pocket or boiling some water for Mac n cheese.

If any of you have seen pitch perfect lets just say my roommate is that stereotype come to life. She's Asian and doesn't talk to me. My boy friend always jokes when I come in the room by saying "the white girl is back" it's so frustrating.

My favorite was when my roommate drank the rest of my vodka (we are both 21) that I left in the freezer (over half the bottle), replaced my top shelf liquor with something nasty thinking I wouldn't notice, drank all of that, too, then bought me another bottle to replace it and drank it all before I got the chance.

Cool.

I always see posts with people having roommate problems in the random thread so why not have them all in once place? My OCD will be happier this way :)

My roommate is dog sitting for her aunt while she is out of town. It's a tiny dog who is usually well behaved so I agreed that we could keep Lucy for the weekend. Turns out she will be here for 12 days. My roommate is in 17 hours and works 25 hours a week, so I've become the one in charge of taking it out, giving it medicine, all that jazz. And now she said she'd be home almost an hour and a half ago but went out with her new boyf instead. I'm so livid and just want to sleep but can't because the dog won't stop barking!!!

I feel much better after ranting. Who else needs to let out some steam??

If you have a squirt gun, squirt the dog when it's going to bark. Fun for you and it should get it to stop barking. Works on my dogs, but they don't really like water.

Ugh... in undergrad I had the nastiest roommate ever. She would take a shower and leave filth in the tub (her and one of my suitemates...my other suitemate was a good friend and we didn't room together hoping that we'd end up with no roommates...we were wrong).

They'd leave blonde hair everywhere.... I'm black...and the other girl that lived in the suite was a brunette... yet they tried to say they didn't do it.

They would leave would I could only hope was armpit shaving hair (because the alternative makes me want to die) in like the shower and the sink.... Again they would try to blame it on me and the other girl.... but the fact of the matter is I'm not a filthy person and I've never grown armpit hair (at that time...or present day for that matter) and therefore have never needed to shave it.

Ugh it was back and forth until we filed a complaint with our RA and had a freaking intervention that resulted in me going off about how filthy and trifling they were.... several years later my blood still boils about those two heathen pieces of trash.

One is a stripper now.

My roommate just awkwardly makes me feel bad if I do anything without her. Like I have other friends in this city, she doesn't, and if I go do something with my other friends she'll make comments under her breath about it or ignore me that day or w.e, I'm sorry she's so jealous of me, I can't help that I'm so popular!
ALSO! When I'm asleep or not home, she'll clean or do the dishes or whatever and then yell at me for not helping her... Like...

words cannot describe how happy i am to have had rooms by myself the past two years of uni.

since i have nothing to contribute personally ill share my best friends story. so basically she wanted the whole college experience and decided she wanted a room to share with another person. her first roommate would leave random items of food in the bathroom, bring boys home and do uhm 'wonderful'? things with them at 2:30 in the morning. my best friend got so angry with this she decided to switch roomates and room with her friend (this girl was just straight up crazy why my friend was friends with her was beyond me anyways) after about two weeks little ms cray cray would go into my friends closet take her clothes & wear them (right down to her socks) and leave them on the floor under all her laundry that she NEVER washed. which seems semi normal for roommate issues but then it got weird cray cray would start to just sit in bed topless just randomly stripping constantly. then she began to spread rumors about my friend saying how bad of a person she was and how she was crazy obsessive with all these guys (while she had a boyfriend) and was stalking people. eventually my friend just moved out and got a room by herself because psycho was just too much to handle.

My first semester Freshmen year... I had a roommate who would leave food dishes in places and forget where they were and the room would smell and we would have to find her random dishes (most which grew nice mold on them). I'm from WNY so I'm used to the cold but she HATED it. She would turn the heat on in the room to high 70's like no. That's a freaking sauna. She let people borrow my stuff when I wasn't around and I would come back and ask her where stuff was and she'd be like oh yeah. We're actually still friends but I switched roommates second semester.

Since then I haven't had any roommate issues, other than people make fun of my roommate and I now because she's allergic to gluten and I'm lactose intolerant so we have really weird food in our fridge.

My roommate my freshman year of college was a 300lb nudist. No joke.

She only wore clothes when she was leaving our hall. There was a big to do about it but it was ultimately decided that it was freedom of expression and they did not make her wear clothes. I used to beg her to get dressed when people would come over. Eventually no one came anymore and I just went to them. Lol. She would sit there in the nude slathering her lotion all over herself and singing gospel music. I lived with her an entire year before I could get new housing.

Back