Round Off's Hurting Ankles.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 8, 2010
Wasn't sure where to put this but lately whenever I land a round off it kills my ankles. Im not if my ankles are just weak or what because I thought they were pretty strong from dance training. Plus i've never really had a problem with it until a few months ago. Its making it very difficult to do anything out of it, like a handspring ect. Do I just need to clean up my technique? Has anyone else had this problem?

My daughter started going thru the same thing and was told growth plates and told it would gradually get better. She is 12 so I don't know.

My daughter started going thru the same thing and was told growth plates and told it would gradually get better. She is 12 so I don't know.
Was there anything she was told to do for it? Or is it just something im going to have to tough out?

Sometimes I hurt my feet when landing roudoffs if I don't get my chest up quick enough so my feet end up slamming the ground at an angle (also landing flat footed) instead of perpendicular to the ground like their suppose to (?). If its the same issue for you, I'd just work on going back to tenchnique for a while :)

Back