Roundoff Tuck?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2010
So today my team added roundoff tucks to the routine. I've never tried one before, so I asked to get spotted. The coach explained it to me but I just can't seem to get it. I do the roundoff and then it just gets confusing for some reason. I can do a roundoff handspring tuck so its not like I don't know how to tuck. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

What used to help me when I was learning was just focusing on rebounding straight up from my roundoff with my arms up, then tucking. If you're being spotted often they will do a lot of the work to rotate you if you need it, if you just set nice and high the rest will be easier! Concentrating on the rebound and the set will also give you more height, and room for error. Try it on a tumble track until you've got the rotation down :)

What used to help me when I was learning was just focusing on rebounding straight up from my roundoff with my arms up, then tucking. If you're being spotted often they will do a lot of the work to rotate you if you need it, if you just set nice and high the rest will be easier! Concentrating on the rebound and the set will also give you more height, and room for error. Try it on a tumble track until you've got the rotation down :)
Thank you!

^^ what she said. I would practice getting that pop right after doing a round off. I've seen people rush it too fast and get a red derriere or back scratcher. Once you get that good pop, it's just a regular back tuck.

And try not to think about it too much, i've seen people trip thinking about foot placement and such.

Try doing RO fall back (tuck position) to a port-pit mat with a couple extra crash mats on top too, to give you more height. The same drill as for RO Hand (fly back), but the added height will make you reach/set up and not back. If you have a cheese on top, you also get used to "tucking" over as you back roll down. But seeing as you can tuck, that shouldn't be too much of a stretch to get

Make sure you know how to block out of your RO and rebound really well. Make sure you're straight up when you throw your tuck.

have you done a standing tuck before? (on trampoline or such) if so, do your round off on trampoline, stop,swing, and tuck! each time you do it reduce your swing a little, and voila! also, make sure after your rebound you set up, and you dont jump back like a back handspring! set up, wait for your knees to reach your chest, pull, and land! hope this helped!!

Back