All-Star Rude Encounters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I also find it wrong that you call me out on my comments. When people are saying other things about there experiences with big gyms.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
They are sharing their experiences. Actual events that have happened. You are entitled to your opinion, but it will be more respected if there are facts to back up what you say rather than empty accusations and/or fabrications. @Cheermom1969 said it best - this thread is asking for trouble.

Not trying to be rude but maybe if you weren't so extremely defensive when someone disagrees with you, you would get better feedback..just a thought

I'm not being defensive, I'm just letting her know everyone has a right to their opinion. I even told her it was fine that she didn't agree with me. But I was also making it clear that she didn't have to say I was out of line because we are entitled to our own opinion.

They are sharing their experiences. Actual events that have happened. You are entitled to your opinion, but it will be more respected if there are facts to back up what you say rather than empty accusations and/or fabrications. @Cheermom1969 said it best - this thread is asking for trouble.
I have worked teens a lot and I have been a teen my self not too long ago. We do often times allow fame to get to our heads. We are all guilty of it.

Everyone, I didn't mean any harm by that post. I'm just stating my thoughts like everyone else. If you don't agree, that's okay. You don't have to. I'm not being defensive at all. I'm just saying in general, fame often times gets to our heads. It happens to the best of us. None of us our wrong for stating our own opinions. :)

I would just caution anyone who thinks a cheerleader is being rude because they are not wanting to talk to strangers, take pictures with them or be all around bubbly and outgoing. Some are introverts and that can come across as rude. Some get embarrassed and nervous just saying "Hi" to anyone from another program.
Purposefully blocking your way and being snarky about it? Probably rude.
Not wanting to be chased, photographed and have to make chit chat on a strangers terms? Probably just shy or introverted. It's probably more common with larger gyms because they have more of a reputation and more people know who their teams are.
Just please think before you judge.

As this is my first season and only been to 3 comps I can't really judge much. However my experiances have mostly been positive mainly in my country there are only a handful of really well know teams. One gym though I did noticed kept themselves to themselves. I am quite a social person and as I havent yet had people come with me to comps I hang around and chat and even if im competing agaisnt a team I am going to be nice and wish you luck because thats how I would like to be treated. I had one person from a bigger team saw I had hairspray and bobby pins and asked me to borrow.
Aslong as you demonstrate good sportsmanship it doesnt matter if they are rude or what type of gym they are from

I would just caution anyone who thinks a cheerleader is being rude because they are not wanting to talk to strangers, take pictures with them or be all around bubbly and outgoing. Some are introverts and that can come across as rude. Some get embarrassed and nervous just saying "Hi" to anyone from another program.
Purposefully blocking your way and being snarky about it? Probably rude.
Not wanting to be chased, photographed and have to make chit chat on a strangers terms? Probably just shy or introverted. It's probably more common with larger gyms because they have more of a reputation and more people know who their teams are.
Just please think before you judge.

I never thought of it like that. But it's actually true and I agree. But some gyms, big or small, are all just flat out rude and have no sportsmanship training, whatsoever. I think this is what this post is mainly about.

I never thought of it like that. But it's actually true and I agree. But some gyms, big or small, are all just flat out rude and have no sportsmanship training, whatsoever. I think this is what this post is mainly about.

@Fierce_Elite Please please do not get defensive and take this the wrong way... I am just giving you the same advice I have given my own kids repeatedly over the years and still do(and I'm guessing my oldest may be close to your age) I give this advice as a former member of the media and as a person who currently works in a legal role:

Be careful not to use terms such as "all" when making statements such as the one you made. The word may be "many" or even "most", but I can guarantee it is not "all" and using a word like that will easily negate any statement you are trying to make.

I'd love to say yes because we come from a small gym and our kids are held to the highest standards of behavior at competitions. But do you think it may be a pure numbers game? ie Big AllStars has 500 kids plus their parents at a comp while Small All Stars has 70. Therefore they are more predominant, and all things being equal, you are 6x more likely to run into one of the rude kids or parents from Big All Stars.

If I had to think of the rudest and kindest moments I have witnessed at competitions, the rudest outburst was from a parent from pretty small gym and the kindest was a team from a large top gym. I don't think it had to do with anything more than people's own individual values and the values and standards set forth by the gym...be it tiny, small, medium, large or mega mega.

@Fierce_Elite Please please do not get defensive and take this the wrong way... I am just giving you the same advice I have given my own kids repeatedly over the years and still do(and I'm guessing my oldest may be close to your age) I give this advice as a former member of the media and as a person who currently works in a legal role:

Be careful not to use terms such as "all" when making statements such as the one you made. The word may be "many" or even "most", but I can guarantee it is not "all" and using a word like that will easily negate any statement you are trying to make.

I didnt mean it in that way. I did say big or small gyms. I was trying to say ALL MOST all of them have there rude moments. I know not every gym is rude or mean. But we do have our days whether or not it's intentional. Maybe I should have made that clear. :)

I didnt mean it in that way. I did say big or small gyms. I was trying to say ALL MOST all of them have there rude moments. I know not every gym is rude or mean. But we do have our days whether or not it's intentional. Maybe I should have made that clear. :)

Basically what I'm saying is, no matter your size, sportsmanship training starts in the gym. If you don't have it there, you won't bring it to the competition. More than likely.

This can be true and if you had worded your original post this way rather than just call out big gyms it would have been better received by me. I would think coming from CEA of all places you would know how frustrating being labeled as something can be.:confused:

This can be true and if you had worded your original post this way rather than just call out big gyms it would have been better received by me. I would think coming from CEA of all places you would know how frustrating being labeled as something can be.:confused:
I agree. But at the same time, I didn't call out a specific gym. I did say both gyms can act like this. But I just mainly talked about big gyms. But it still doesn't mean I'm wrong for stating my opinion. :)

Back