All-Star Rude Encounters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

NOT LYING* about anything. I miss a few comments and you assume I'm lying and then be rude to me. None of you will never admit how rude you guys are to me and were to me from the start. So childish.
The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

One of my favorite quotes: "There's a fine line between being honest and being rude". Another one that comes to mind in reading these threads is "you get what you give". Something to think about.

I have no issue being "rude" to a catfish. Every question I asked still hasn't been answered (because it can't be since they're all lies) and I'm offended for the girls who WERE on LE in 2013 that a catfish is taking credit for their hard work...because I know just how hard those kids do work.

Feel free to find the door.

Contemplating witty signatures since 2011

I am not pre judging anyone what so ever I was just curious in hearing some stories about rude encounters with big gyms that is all. I understand that anyone and everyone can be rude at times. Like I just mentioned I just wanted to hear more stories.

Why ask then? Just seems like an invitation to incite salty responses.

I have been pleasantly surprised by how nice everyone in all star cheer has been. I had preconceived notions from media misrepresentation and just the general urban legend horror stories. It just hasn't been my experience to be around rude, dramatic or snarky people. I have seen two examples of poor sportsmanship- one a big gym team and one a small gym team ( the event announcer even called them out on it) There are lots of stories out here on the internet but really, cheerleaders are mostly a nice bunch of people.

The unpleasant experiences have come from overcrowded venues and 18 hour long competition days.

As someone who has been a part of two pretty big gyms I'd have to say I don't think anyone was rude or ignorant to "smaller gym" athletes or parents.

When I was with Maryland Twisters people thought we were all really stuck up and bitchy but we really weren't. We just went into comps focused on competing and such and then after competing we cold have fun and relax a bit. There was a huge intimidation factor as well when a whole team walks into an arena all looking the same with hair done, make up done, etc. Especially if you're kinda a bit more known. One year the whole gym decided to make spirit gifts for everyone at competition and hand them out. Some people were genuinely really happy and thanked us and I think it changed their perspective a bit but some people thought we poisoned it! Lol really?!

Canadian cheerleading and comps are a bit different than American comps though. Not sure how to explain it but since more people know each other I don't think there is we much cattiness and drama. Gyms are more friendly with each other. But then again there aren't as many gyms in one area like there is in the states so there isn't as much "competition".

Bs connoisseur :)

As someone who has been a part of two pretty big gyms I'd have to say I don't think anyone was rude or ignorant to "smaller gym" athletes or parents.

When I was with Maryland Twisters people thought we were all really stuck up and bitchy but we really weren't. We just went into comps focused on competing and such and then after competing we cold have fun and relax a bit. There was a huge intimidation factor as well when a whole team walks into an arena all looking the same with hair done, make up done, etc. Especially if you're kinda a bit more known. One year the whole gym decided to make spirit gifts for everyone at competition and hand them out. Some people were genuinely really happy and thanked us and I think it changed their perspective a bit but some people thought we poisoned it! Lol really?!

Canadian cheerleading and comps are a bit different than American comps though. Not sure how to explain it but since more people know each other I don't think there is we much cattiness and drama. Gyms are more friendly with each other. But then again there aren't as many gyms in one area like there is in the states so there isn't as much "competition".

I've only had one experience with Maryland Twisters and I have nothing but positive things to say about the program. It was at Jamfest SuperNationals in 2011 and F5 was competing in the same hall as my team. My mom was trying to find a seat and she found an empty one next to some moms from F5. They were very kind and they just talked and joked with my mom the whole time they were all sitting there. Very classy, down to earth, and respectful program from my experience.

NOT LYING* about anything. I miss a few comments and you assume I'm lying and then be rude to me. None of you will never admit how rude you guys are to me and were to me from the start. So childish.

Please don´t take this as an offense. But you remind me of this two steps forward, one step back saying when you are posting. I think you could really learn a lot on here, but the way you a posting will not bring you far, because you will constantly get the same feedback.
Are you reacting to people the same way in real life? I know this is the internet. But the best way to enter a community as a new member is the same way in real life and on the internet.
In fact, it´s easier on the internet. Because you have the time to think before you reply, to read again, and word your opinion carefully.
Like someone mentioned earlier: Writing with phrases like "all", "everyone" or "always" isn´t gonna get you far just because if you are stating your opinion, you should word it like your opinion. And as long as you don´t know everybody and all and haven´t been everywhere always, your experience (and this is where people usually get their opinion from) can´t be this worldwide overall and everyone.

I have not. Then again, I never really communicated with anyone outside of my old gym. That's the main reason, to avoid drama. I think a lot of times gyms in general, but especially big gyms, start being mean and rude because they got fame inside of their heads. They also want people to be intimidated of them. I love intimidation, but not when it's being rude and harassing other gyms. It should just be fun competition, this is not the Olympics. As an individual, more than likely, you're not super rich just from doing this sport and you're not on the news channels 9/10. Like what I'm saying is, no gym or cheerleading team are true celebrities, they don't have tabloids following them around. Like there is no reason to be rude to anyone, when one day a gym could come through and take whatever title that team has. Good sportsmanship is always a must. At CEA, if we weren't showing good sportsmanship and another coach had to talk to our coach, there be some hardcore conditioning the next practice.

This was not true in CP's experience. And I have seen a lot of poor sportsmanship among CEA members, as well as coaches. (I have also seen poor sportsmanship from other gyms)

I am also from Canada I do have to agree with what you just said regarding the number of gyms per area. That is exactly why I am curious in hearing 'rude' encounter stories :)

I've only had one experience with Maryland Twisters and I have nothing but positive things to say about the program. It was at Jamfest SuperNationals in 2011 and F5 was competing in the same hall as my team. My mom was trying to find a seat and she found an empty one next to some moms from F5. They were very kind and they just talked and joked with my mom the whole time they were all sitting there. Very classy, down to earth, and respectful program from my experience.

Have to say the exact same thing! All of the parents and team members of F5 (and Maryland Twisters in general) are incredibly generous, sweet, down earth and love to chat with everyone!

We've never had many supporters at competitions as we're a mainly adult team...but bigger programs have cheered for us when they realised this and we were super happy about it!

Agree with the posts that just say you get bad eggs everywhere, sadly.

CK x

Back