All-Star Rumor Control-senior Age Change

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

all i have to say is i give mad props to the gym coaches, owners, that still have 13 year olds on their junior teams, no matter what level they may be. I really hope one day that all senior age teams will have an age cap, reither it be 12 or 14. This is an issue, argue about it all you want to but it is an issue. Just because its not an issue on your senior 5 worlds team doesnt mean its not an issue on all of those senior 1,2,3, and 4 teams. I dont care if susie is 8 or 9 and has a layout, she can shine on that junior or YOUTH level 3 or 4 team until she is 12 or 14. And do not tell me thats holding her back, this is why we have tumbling classes, it also means that susie gets to be in the front a lot, and should be happy about that. Instead of lacking on that senior 4 team because she has a layout, but susie can barely hit an extention in stunts...just sayin.

Agree... Just saying :)

Alot of these parents think it is an honor to have their child pulled up to a sr. team. I haven't figured that one out yet

Alot of these parents think it is an honor to have their child pulled up to a sr. team. I haven't figured that one out yet

Me either I don't think they have a clear understanding of what it means. I overheard a parent trying to convince our gym owner to have our Y2 girls compete as senior 2. What benefit would that give anyone???

Me either I don't think they have a clear understanding of what it means. I overheard a parent trying to convince our gym owner to have our Y2 girls compete as senior 2. What benefit would that give anyone???
It's benefits the moms..she can brag to her friends,that little 6 year old Susie is on a Senior 2, and not the Youth 2 and her non-cheer friends are impressed. Susie's mom just doesn't tell them that both teams do the same things! The only difference is that her 6 year old is cheering with 15 year olds! ;)
Come on, you know you're impressed when you hear that 6 year old Suise is so good that she can cheer with 15 year old Sally! :p Even if they are the same levels!

I would like to see the bottom age for seniors raised to 14.....but i would also like the top age raised to 19 to compensate for the loss of 12/13 year olds.

Back