Safety Deduction Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 15, 2013
How does the deduction for an illegal stunt/safety deduction work if it happens only on only one performance in a two-day competition? Do they take the deduction from the combined score or just from the day of the error?

Just the day of error. The combined score is simply some combination of the two days (50/50, 25/75, 40/60, etc)

Just the day of error. The combined score is simply some combination of the two days (50/50, 25/75, 40/60, etc)
Thank you! That's what I thought...so, then to expand on that. If starting a pyramid, one section drops their stunt, and causes the pyramid to not connect, there would be both a deduction for the initial stunt that fell and for the pyramid not connecting, correct?

Thank you! That's what I thought...so, then to expand on that. If starting a pyramid, one section drops their stunt, and causes the pyramid to not connect, there would be both a deduction for the initial stunt that fell and for the pyramid not connecting, correct?
My understanding is you get hit with the deduction for the dropped stunt and the deduction for the illegal skill. Can't say I know from experience though-- it's never happened to me.

My understanding is you get hit with the deduction for the dropped stunt and the deduction for the illegal skill. Can't say I know from experience though-- it's never happened to me.
It is logical, but I get lost in the rule book and various scoring and deduction sheets. Thanks for your help.

How do you know? You speak Chinese?
As a matter of fact, I don't lol. Poor wording on my part. How about potential spammer above, does that work better? Just a hunch based on the only English written items being brand names with the word free. Could be wrong though.

One of our teams dropped the middle prep in a sr 2 routine and only got a dropped stunt deduction. They didn't hit us with an illegal stunt because they said that it was obvious that it was supposed to be connected but that a stunt fell.

It is logical, but I get lost in the rule book and various scoring and deduction sheets.
It was deleted. This is just funny now :)

I was so confused! Morning coffee hasn't kicked in... I know I'm new to this, but was like, "What?! I'm not a spammer!" Glad it was erased or deleted.

One of our teams dropped the middle prep in a sr 2 routine and only got a dropped stunt deduction. They didn't hit us with an illegal stunt because they said that it was obvious that it was supposed to be connected but that a stunt fell.

This was in level 1, so I know there was the safety deduction, but was trying to figure out what total percentage would've been deducted because there were multiple layers of errors.

It is logical, but I get lost in the rule book and various scoring and deduction sheets.

I was so confused! Morning coffee hasn't kicked in... I know I'm new to this, but was like, "What?! I'm not a spammer!" Glad it was erased or deleted.
That's what all the spammers say lol ;).

Back