All-Star Sandbagging

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

128bed61afd24fce59849a5bc58aa44c.jpg

Eta: meant to quote this to the post about what would the cea teams with worlds athletes do for summit, I think it was in this thread?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous. Like I can't even describe how much side-eye I'm giving right now, especially with that second sentence. :confused: I totally understand having to fill in a spot or two, but this is way beyond that. Like why not just form teams in the beginning of the season that comply with all crossover rules. I will never understand their logic.
And since when does Kernersville have a medium all girl 5 team?

Eta: meant to quote this to the post about what would the cea teams with worlds athletes do for summit, I think it was in this thread?

So what's the message that CSP is putting out here? Is it basically that you've crossed tons of kids to all these teams (many at higher levels) just to get bids and now since you have to go legit for the Summit especially, you need to bring in other kids who were not part of the team that originally got those bids because you loaded them up?

This is just really shady.

I'm sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous. Like I can't even describe how much side-eye I'm giving right now, especially with that second sentence. :confused: I totally understand having to fill in a spot or two, but this is way beyond that. Like why not just form teams in the beginning of the season that comply with all crossover rules. I will never understand their logic.
And since when does Kernersville have a medium all girl 5 team?
Don't they have ladies of teal? Or am
I confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't they have ladies of teal? Or am
I confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ladies of Teal are large all girl along with SE.

ETA: Unless they are changing back to medium even though they already have a bid in large. They would need a new bid though. But for some reason, this wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

how is it that this many summit teams have this many open slots? what happened to the original athletes that helped make those teams? does the sandbagging/crossover/stacked issue really run this deep at cea? if so, thats pathetic. this is pretty much the equivilent of doping, but instead of providing performance enhancing drugs to the teams, she provides performance enhancing athletes to the lower level teams with level 5 athletes. then, hopes to entice the best from the surrounding small gyms to ditch their gyms and join hers?

(cali swag got 1st, as far as im concerned. :D)

how is it that this many summit teams have this many open slots? what happened to the original athletes that helped make those teams? does the sandbagging/crossover/stacked issue really run this deep at cea? if so, thats pathetic. this is pretty much the equivilent of doping, but instead of providing performance enhancing drugs to the teams, she provides performance enhancing athletes to the lower level teams with level 5 athletes. then, hopes to entice the best from the surrounding small gyms to ditch their gyms and join hers?

Yes. I normally don't have an issue with crossovers but CEA takes it to an absolute extreme (no pun intended) and that's when I start to have an issue with it. When you have the entire gym double teaming, you end up with situations that CEA has right now. I think CEA abuses the crossover thing.

Yes. I normally don't have an issue with crossovers but CEA takes it to an absolute extreme (no pun intended) and that's when I start to have an issue with it. When you have the entire gym double teaming, you end up with situations that CEA has right now. I think CEA abuses the crossover thing.
If I remember correctly, someone from CEA said most triple team which is extra ridiculous.

Interestingly, if summit had the same substitution, alternate rules that worlds has it would be very difficult for a gym to solicit kids from outside their own program. At worlds you are limited to 3 wildcard subsitutions max for a team regardless of size. That's defined as an athlete that was not on the bid winning team or a member of your program that competed on another team at the same competition where the bid was received. It keeps gyms from going shopping for athletes specifically for worlds and ditching the kids that worked all season and the parents that paid for them.

Most of what I wanted to say have already been stated, but I totally do not agree with all these crossovers! CEA is a large gym (well esp. KVille, Raleigh) that does not need crossovers. I only advocate crossovers if it is a small gym that NEEDS it to have teams! Having to having special Summit tryouts is just bad ownership, when you built the teams you should make them all Summit and NCA eligible! It looks bad when you need spots filled for Summit and Words because of crossovers. Also I understand it is fun to do two teams, but what about school, school cheer, band, yearbook, speaking, music, homework etc?! You need time for homework and projects, not to mention APs for getting into college.

People who are already committed to a gym can not try out

Back