College Scholarships And The Ncaa

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 30, 2010
So im doing an essay in my english class about misrepresentations and my professor told me to do some research on cheerleading being recognized as a sport. So Im looking for a few answers.

To my understanding cheerleading is not recognized by the NCAA, but how do schools give our scholarships for cheerleaders (if they do at all)?

Also how do the teams go to NCA and UCA etc. Do they fund themselves? Since they're not a varsity sport I'm assuming they have no funding.

Check out university of Kentucky cheer site. Under policies they go into what types of scholarships are available and thru what mechanism. every school varies. Private schools will be very different. Acro and tumbling is the structure that has the best chance for NCAA funding and baylors site goes into the rules regarding that. You can get two positions on the subject.

Check out university of Kentucky cheer site. Under policies they go into what types of scholarships are available and thru what mechanism. every school varies. Private schools will be very different. Acro and tumbling is the structure that has the best chance for NCAA funding and baylors site goes into the rules regarding that. You can get two positions on the subject.
Thanks!!

Back