High School School Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheysmomager

Cheer Parent
Mar 2, 2011
Have I said how much I hated school tryouts??? The stress, the headache (that I have right now and won't go away), and the ever lovin cranky, stressed CP's!! I wish it was 7pm already and it was all over!!

Ok, I feel better now!! (Hahaha)
Thank you!

Have a nice day!
Love,
l

I know exactly how you feel! My oldest CP is trying out for Varsity. There are 34 girls vying for 20 spots. We won't know the results until around 9:30 tonight. It's going to be a long night.

It's stressful for coaches too. LOL I hate not being in control and leaving it up to the judges. I would rather just pick, but I have no say at all. It's so hard. Gathering the materials, getting judges, oraganizing it all, and then stressing over who you'll end up with. Ours aren't until the beginning of April and I'm ready for it to be over already.

It's stressful for coaches too. LOL I hate not being in control and leaving it up to the judges. I would rather just pick, but I have no say at all. It's so hard. Gathering the materials, getting judges, oraganizing it all, and then stressing over who you'll end up with. Ours aren't until the beginning of April and I'm ready for it to be over already.
I like that you do it early and have camp and what not - another high school nearby could use pointers ;)

*Apologies... I "thought" I posted that link of top-ten items correctly. Apparently not... I'll have my Fierce Board tutorial now on how to post links...

As a coach, tryouts are stressful too!! :) Ours are not until the end of April but I am already stressed.

I can completely understand how it can be stressful for the coaches! Our coaches have no say in who makes the 3 squads. They hire outside judges from an external company.

It's going to be rough for the coaches this year since there are about 7 girls who were on the squads last year that didn't make either JV or Varsity. Some of the parents of those girls have already requested to compare their daughter's scores to my daughter's scores. I am very sad for these girls and their parents - we couldn't really celebrate my daughter making Varsity because so many of her teammates didn't make it. :(

Back