All-Star Scores Vs. Number Of Skills - Nca Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the coaches creating one and presenting it to the EPs has a better chance than no one creating one and presenting it to the EPs, which is what's happening now.

I don't know - if I'm the NACCC, I'm not sure I'd want to expend time and energy pursuing a universal scoresheet unless there was some indication that the EP's would agree to implement it. I fundamentally believe that event producers see their scoring system as a competitive advantage. I know what the IEP has said, but unless there's an indication that Varsity and Jamfest would be amenable to utilizing a common scoresheet it seems like a lot of work for nothing.

To put it in my geeky software engineering sphere, it's like coding an application not only before you know what the requirements are, but before you know if the customer even wants it.

I don't know - if I'm the NACCC, I'm not sure I'd want to expend time and energy pursuing a universal scoresheet unless there was some indication that the EP's would agree to implement it. I fundamentally believe that event producers see their scoring system as a competitive advantage. I know what the IEP has said, but unless there's an indication that Varsity and Jamfest would be amenable to utilizing a common scoresheet it seems like a lot of work for nothing.

To put it in my geeky software engineering sphere, it's like coding an application not only before you know what the requirements are, but before you know if the customer even wants it.
I think they'd be a lot more apt to implement it if those same coaches indicated they would only patronize the EPs that do implement it.

I think everyone keeps forgetting where the true power lies. The EPs don't have competitions if the coaches don't register for them. Sure, maybe ill have to skip a competition I like one season to make a point, but if everyone joins me in that, it would change...and rapidly.

If Jammy and Varsity really really wanted it to happen it would have. That leads me to believe they either don't really really want it or it hasn't made it to the top of the priority list yet. If the coaches really want it they need to do something they haven't been doing because what's been done hasn't led to a universal scoring system. If neither want it we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Like when iOS, Facebook, Twitter, and Windows were created?

I think they'd be a lot more apt to implement it if those same coaches indicated they would only patronize the EPs that do implement it.

I think everyone keeps forgetting where the true power lies. The EPs don't have competitions if the coaches don't register for them. Sure, maybe ill have to skip a competition I like one season to make a point, but if everyone joins me in that, it would change...and rapidly.

I would love to see gyms (the paying customers) make some statements with their $$. Since it hasn't happened yet, I can only imagine those who may have the most to spend either are happy with the status quo or that there is other incentive NOT to make a statement.

I would generalize that the real paying customers (us parents) have little Toni knowledge of what is going on from an industry perspective (of course not including the active parents here.). I assume most parents think much more locally (e.g. If Suzie is getting her tic tock.)

At this point, I would love to see ANY standardized scoresheet proposed. If rather the scoresheet be 75% right get caught up in an endless loop trying to get it 100% right to start.

Back