OT Searching For A Quote

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jan 12, 2011
Today I had to do a photoshoot for a local artist. she's making pictures around the theme "scarred for life". she's photographing all kinds of people who had injuries in sports and will carry the scars for the rest of their lives.
she asked me to do it too because I fell at practice once and dislocated my elbow, my arm never recovered and looks crooked and shorter as the other one. it also made me stop my life as an active cheerleader (only coaching now)
she'll take pictures where you can see the injury and some items that are related to the sport (i had to get all ready like if I was going to compete: my cheershoes, uniform, sparkly make-up, bow).

on every picture she wants to write a quote to capture the situation/feeling of the person.
anyone can help me to come with a quote that would fit?

Well, at first, how do YOU feel or felt about that? It could help find something related.

It did change my life. I've been "angry" at cheerleading for a while because it caused this injury and all the problems, I'm not able to do everything I want, I lost my job because of it and I know certain things will never be possible again.

I'm sure the injury is some kind of turning point in my life, I often talk about "before the injury" and "after I got the injury". On the other hand it made me realise you never know what is going to happen and you got to take chances before it's too late (also because a bit before the arm-injury, I had a severe car accident and almost died).

I took a break from cheerleading, but missed it and started coaching again.

I think the quote should be something aboout how cheerleading was all my life, then kinda ruined my life but no matter what, I can't live without it.

This came to mind from what you said:

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time

I am sure someone will come up with an actual, suitable quote.

thnx for the help so far. I've been thinking about it and this is what I came up with:

Cheerleading was my whole life, but then I fell....and my whole world came crashing down. But I'm a cheerleader and we don't give up, we keep believing no matter what. So I stood up again.

Here is a short quote I came up with:

"What can lift you up can bring you down. What can bring you down can lift you up again."

Good luck with the photo shoot. If your allowed to post the final picture I'd love to see what you came up with.

Back