All-Star Secret App

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I had my daughter remove the app today. In addition notices have been sent to everyone attending our gym (athletes and parents) instructing them to remove the app. They are not allowing anyone at our gym to use the app. From what I understand the app is wrought with potential for bullying and in general can cause a whole lot of grief for individuals. Basically it provides a forum for trash talk and gossip.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Basically Secret is similar to PostSecret if anyone ever stumbled on that online. Post a picture, write something with the picture, essentially tell your secrets but it be anonymous. It shows you secrets from people in your contact list who have the app, and people in their contact list who do. Cheerleaders started using it to bully other athletes, make rude comments and (probably the main reason many gyms are forbidding use of it now) posting peoples' naked pictures with their names displayed as who it is.

Basically Secret is similar to PostSecret if anyone ever stumbled on that online. Post a picture, write something with the picture, essentially tell your secrets but it be anonymous. It shows you secrets from people in your contact list who have the app, and people in their contact list who do. Cheerleaders started using it to bully other athletes, make rude comments and (probably the main reason many gyms are forbidding use of it now) posting peoples' naked pictures with their names displayed as who it is.
Definitely different than how described to me.

Please send more money

There's absolutely nothing positive that can come from it. I was glad to see CA (both of them) come out very publicly yesterday telling their kids to remove it. It's much like ask.fm but you can use pictures. It's all totally anonymous among those in your contact lists (and in contacts of your contacts) but with how cheerleaders all have a zillion followers and contacts it basically connects all of them. So bottom line people can post/say anything about anyone, start rumors, bully, be horrible to each other all completely anonymously.

If your high school has a twitter secrets account (these started a while back and my guess is that's where this all came from) it's the same idea. I lost a teacher this year due to student "bullying" through a twitter secrets account where someone "anonymous" who runs the account just starts tweeting any and all "dirty laundry" about anyone and everyone whether it's true or not. What they decided to say about a teacher was so hurtful to her...and completely false... (even though the students jumped to her side and very quickly outed the secrets poster) she's refusing to return here next year because she's too embarrassed. She was a good teacher too.

There's nothing good that comes from this. If your kids have a secrets app, an ask.fm or follow "secrets" pages on twitter.....have them remove and unfollow. There's not one redeeming quality to any of them and nothing but the opportunity to bully others. Feel free to google secrets app, ask.fm, and teen suicides and you'll see what I mean.

i downloaded it to see what is was like and it when i made a account, it stopped working. i'm sure this will be another pointless app like yikyak or whisper.

I had this about about 2 months ago, when it got really popular in my school. It was used basically throughout the entire state as a way to expose people and talk badly about them. It was so disgusting and schools around the state started taking serious action for this. It may be anonymous but the Terms state that if needed, the police can have your information.

I had this about about 2 months ago, when it got really popular in my school. It was used basically throughout the entire state as a way to expose people and talk badly about them. It was so disgusting and schools around the state started taking serious action for this. It may be anonymous but the Terms state that if needed, the police can have your information.

This is something I don't think many people realized, especially considering how many naked pictures of minors were being posted.

Finally someone explains this.... the fact that this has all been going on (especially in the cheer world) really disturbs me. There is enough pressure on cheerleading as it is, and do any of these girls realize that they are contributing to the stereotype that all cheerleaders are bullies. A lot of outsiders will probably attribute its popularity to that, and not to the fact that the kids using it are teenagers.

And there were nude photos of minors? I think the person that made this app knew exactly what would happen when it was released.

But dollar signs are awfully blinding, aren't they?:mad::(

Last edited:
I'm going to date myself a tad, but this reminds me of the whole Juicy Campus site circa my college years-ish. Crazy. People anonymously posted whatever they wanted about particular people at school. It caused a lot of drama and some schools even expelled kids based on what was posted about them. Ex: Anonymous Annie posts an entire list of drugs that Suzie Student does and the classes she cheated in. Boom. Suzie is expelled from Duke/Yale/whatever.

I'm going to date myself a tad, but this reminds me of the whole Juicy Campus site circa my college years-ish. Crazy. People anonymously posted whatever they wanted about particular people at school. It caused a lot of drama and some schools even expelled kids based on what was posted about them. Ex: Anonymous Annie posts an entire list of drugs that Suzie Student does and the classes she cheated in. Boom. Suzie is expelled from Duke/Yale/whatever.
Did the schools ever verify that the posts were real?

Back