High School Seniors on Competitions Team

• Thread starter Deleted member 4831
  • Start date

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If I have returning seniors, I do not make them tryout, but only returning seniors.....first timers have to tryout regardless of age....also, they get special treatment in the senior night routine but nothing other than that....the seniors especially know that we need to do what's best for the team, not an individual person, so if that means a freshman is point flyer then so be it!

unfortunately, seniors get way too many priveleges at my school, last year all 9 seniors got to be captain...for a team of only 22...very confusing, and for competition they were in front for everything, even if their jumps werent so good or their tumbling pass wasnt as good as someone elses they got priority, all senior flyers got to be closer to the front, and they basically got whatever they asked for:mad: the result of all of this was last place in everything and half the team quitting:(

it also didnt help that one of the seniors was the coaches daughter...
but its ok because we have a new coach for this season!!

Our high school coach will give away a seniors spot if anyone better comes along. :) Reminds me of the DCC (dallas cowboys cheerleaders), just because you are a veteran doesn't mean you don't have to continue to improve and fight for your spot.

Back