All-Star Share With Coach Or Mind My Own Business

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You definately need to say something!!! Posting things on the internet-nagatively about your gym, program, another child, etc should be grounds for dismissal-IMO!!!! What about if someone gets seriously hurt while stunting, that is a Safety issue!!!!! It definately needs to be addressed, before something serious happens!!!!:fro:

You definately need to say something!!! Posting things on the internet-nagatively about your gym, program, another child, etc should be grounds for dismissal-IMO!!!! What about if someone gets seriously hurt while stunting, that is a Safety issue!!!!! It definately needs to be addressed, before something serious happens!!!!:fro:

Isn't that what the original poster has done also in some regards. It's not like its hard to figure out the gym and the team she is talking about. She is talking about a 12 year old in an identifiable way on the Internet (based on the information and pictures she has posted in the past. She is not anonymous here. )

I'm going to have to take the unpopular position here. It's gotten to the point where a kid can't be b*chy like a normal teenager without being labeled a "bully"? Common sense needs to start to prevail. Could it be that half the tween kids are failing at living on their own and establishing a productive life because Mommy and/or Daddy stepped in to fight all their battles for them?

How will these kids EVER learn to cope with any of life's REAL challenges if they aren't allowed to learn to cope with the angst of petty teenage behavior?

Yes, some bullying behaviors need to be addressed when they are extensive and/or physcially threatening. But for Pete's sake, when a kid says "I hate Joey" or "Suzy is ugly" or "I hate cheer" or "I hate my gym" that's a symptom of bullying? I shudder to think what terrible bullies my kids must have been because every one of them said "I hate you MOM" at least once. Unfortunately, nobody told me that was grounds to kick them out of the house.

Cliques are a representation of our evolution as humans and the pack mentality. Blasting it across the media isn't going to change that. I'd speculate that a lot of kids are b*tches because the parents are. Pack mentality. The strongest survive and they breed stronger offspring. In situations like this maybe we should start by dealing with the parents, not the kids.

Isn't that what the original poster has done also in some regards. It's not like its hard to figure out the gym and the team she is talking about. She is talking about a 12 year old in an identifiable way on the Internet (based on the information and pictures she has posted in the past. She is not anonymous here. )

I am sorry. I never thought about that. When I am on here I think of myself as posting privately. I have posted pictures in the past, but just didn't see anyone as keeping up with any of that. When I post my icon is blank & all my profile says in Texas. I will be more careful and cautious with future post. I love my gym. I would never want to do anything to hurt my gym or anyone at the gym.

The more I think about that the more it bothers me. I truly come on here for anonymous advice. Since I am not from a "big" gym I never even thought of anyone I know of being on here. I am glad you pointed that out to me.

I'm going to have to take the unpopular position here. It's gotten to the point where a kid can't be b*chy like a normal teenager without being labeled a "bully"? Common sense needs to start to prevail. Could it be that half the tween kids are failing at living on their own and establishing a productive life because Mommy and/or Daddy stepped in to fight all their battles for them?

How will these kids EVER learn to cope with any of life's REAL challenges if they aren't allowed to learn to cope with the angst of petty teenage behavior?

Yes, some bullying behaviors need to be addressed when they are extensive and/or physcially threatening. But for Pete's sake, when a kid says "I hate Joey" or "Suzy is ugly" or "I hate cheer" or "I hate my gym" that's a symptom of bullying? I shudder to think what terrible bullies my kids must have been because every one of them said "I hate you MOM" at least once. Unfortunately, nobody told me that was grounds to kick them out of the house.

Cliques are a representation of our evolution as humans and the pack mentality. Blasting it across the media isn't going to change that. I'd speculate that a lot of kids are b*tches because the parents are. Pack mentality. The strongest survive and they breed stronger offspring. In situations like this maybe we should start by dealing with the parents, not the kids.

This is the kind of mentality that keeps kids from coming forward and saying something. This is the kind of mentality that makes kids believe that their feelings aren't important enough. When a kid tells someone to their face that they're ugly, YES, that IS bullying. You don't have to hit someone or take their lunch money for it to be considered bullying.

You have to treat every case like it could be the one that pushes them over the edge. You never know what a child is going through, and you never know what damage one "little" thing could do.

Back