High School Shell Fit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 31, 2014
How long should a proper fitting sleeveless shell be if you wear the skirt where its supposed to go?

With All 3 of my hs uniforms (hand me downs from last year's squad) the shell barely comes down to cover the skirt waist. Coach insists these are the best size for me. And yes i don't want to be swimming in my shell or anything too big. It overlaps about a 1/4 inch. I just don't want to be it too overly revealing, i think i'll be okay, but we are not wearing anything under the shell since its so hot still. We wear uniforms to school tomorrow for first day of class. any advice?

How long should a proper fitting sleeveless shell be if you wear the skirt where its supposed to go?

With All 3 of my hs uniforms (hand me downs from last year's squad) the shell barely comes down to cover the skirt waist. Coach insists these are the best size for me. And yes i don't want to be swimming in my shell or anything too big. It overlaps about a 1/4 inch. I just don't want to be it too overly revealing, i think i'll be okay, but we are not wearing anything under the shell since its so hot still. We wear uniforms to school tomorrow for first day of class. any advice?
I let out the hem on my oldest cp's uniforms a few years ago. It didn't take long. I did fold up and sew the bare minimum to have a finished edge. Could a parent or friend help?

I always get a +1 (extra inch of length) added to my shell so that it goes down long enough. But your shell should cover your skirt (when you're wearing how your supposed to) and shouldn't show your stomach when you put your arms up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah its not terribly short or anything full midriff revealing, just kind of stops right over the skirt. Doesn't give too much wiggle room to stay put in motions or stuff. I'll have to look in the mirror to see if it shows too much stomach to make it too revealing. there isnt much fabric to take out on it to alter. The size is correct. I think cause im sort of tall and have a long middle it fits like that.

Yeah so i tried it on again and did some motions in front of the mirror (i looked real ridiculous when my dad walked in and was like what the ... haha). anyway no skin showing standing still, and with arms up about an inch shows all the way around front, sides and back. so overall nothing to really worry about. better than an oversized fit i guess. Should be fine for wearing to school.

all my shells since middle school have fit like that cause of being the taller girl. i've found also it has to do with bust size as well. sometimes its tough to get a longer length on the shell because of the shell fitting over the upper chest. Kind of makes it use too much of the shell if that makes sense, nothing left in length to hit over the skirt. from what you describe it doesn't sound too bad, most of my shells over the years have always left midriff showing a tiny bit even when standing still! It's tough when your squad always hands down uniforms year after year. nobody is ever going to get the perfect fit. how was your first day BTW?

Back