Shoes?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 27, 2015
I'm new to cheer this year, and I'm starting out with rec just to get a feel for it and see if I really want to do it (I'm pretty sold on it already but my mom just wasn't sure with the prices), and I don't know what shoes to wear, because my gym never specified... Should I buy normal shoes, i.e Nfinitys, or a cheaper alternative?

Personally if u r a beginner? U don't need to spend the $ on Nfinities. My daughter loved the Power shoes when she was starting Out in cheer. They r half the price of Nfinities. Higher level tumbling and stunting then definitely spend the $.

My favorite cheer shoes were always the Nike ones, the old school ones with the interchangeable color things on the side. I never really like nfinities personally.

Varsity makes some good ones that hold up longer than Nfinities that have the same look as most Nfinities. I forget what they are called, though.

Chasse makes a good cheer shoe for a fraction of the price of Nfinity. Great for beginners. Also try Kaepa. They have great shoes for both indoor/mat cheering and sideline, and their prices are good. Have fun!!!

Varsity makes some good ones that hold up longer than Nfinities that have the same look as most Nfinities. I forget what they are called, though.

The Varsity Spirit shoes look like the evolutions, and they are my favorite varsity shoe. I think they have (or they used to at least) an all leather version and a fabric version, I liked the fabric version better personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Varsity Spirit shoes look like the evolutions, and they are my favorite varsity shoe. I think they have (or they used to at least) an all leather version and a fabric version, I liked the fabric version better personally.

I didn't see them in the catalog this year. I think they only have the all-leather.

I didn't like them because my cps' had them for football and they cheer in the grass. I kept my cps' shoes clean, but I was in the minority.

I didn't see them in the catalog this year. I think they only have the all-leather.

I didn't like them because my cps' had them for football and they cheer in the grass. I kept my cps' shoes clean, but I was in the minority.

Darn, we had the fabric ones for NCA staff my first year and they were phenomenal. I think they're easier to clean than the leather ones! We had those my second year on staff.

Darn, we had the fabric ones for NCA staff my first year and they were phenomenal. I think they're easier to clean than the leather ones! We had those my second year on staff.

I would throw them in the washer with some towels. That is also how I washed all-leather cheer shoes. Air dry or I have a shoe dryer thing.

I can see them being a nice court or mat shoe!

I'm new to cheer this year, and I'm starting out with rec just to get a feel for it and see if I really want to do it (I'm pretty sold on it already but my mom just wasn't sure with the prices), and I don't know what shoes to wear, because my gym never specified... Should I buy normal shoes, i.e Nfinitys, or a cheaper alternative?
If you are a serious tumbler than maybe worth it to spend money on infinitys .. If just a beginner than there's lots of good lower priced options. Try teamcheer.com

If you are a serious tumbler than maybe worth it to spend money on infinitys .. If just a beginner than there's lots of good lower priced options. Try teamcheer.com

There is a power freedom cheer shoe on clearance on teamcheer right now for $2.99. It's a great starter shoe and you can't find a lower price! It does have a navy or black stripe on it, not sure if that will be a problem. I ordered a few pairs for some girls on the team I coach that are struggling with money.

We have bought power shoes in the past and my daughter loved them. Some r lighter then Nfinity shoes. Not good for flyer as they r wider on the bottom usually.

Back