All-Star Should I?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's only an automatic no if you don't go. Show them what you got and they'll probably see what you have and need to work on and most gyms want athletes so they would ask for you to maybe take some tumbling classes. If you seem dedicated, they'll probably take you. (Well as long as it's not like a level 5 you're looking to partake in.) Also, if there's a charge to try out, then it couldn't hurt to call the gym and tell them what you have and ask if they have a place for you.

Are there gyms that people don't make a team? I thought everyone made a team if they showed up and that (like many have said) tryouts are more "team placements" than tryouts. I wasn't even aware gyms turned people away.

But to answer your question...YES YES YES you should go if you want to do allstar! My daughter doesn't tumble and she is on a Senior 3 team this year. And you would be astounded how quickly these gyms can teach you things you NEVER thought you'd be able to do. Definitely go. Most gyms will also be more than happy to let you come check them out before tryouts too--make sure you call first though, because if they are getting ready for a competition (especially if it's Worlds0 they aren't going to be as "open" to your visit. if you call first, you'll know a good time to go.

Yes! You definitely should. Try a smaller gym, where you might be placed on a higher level team. Big gyms will for sure put you on level 1 if you have absolutely no tumbling.

definitely try out. all-stars are for cheerleaders of all talent and ability levels. just remember that all these upper level cheerleaders you see were not always this good. they had to work to get where where they are now.

my gym has an "everyone makes a team" policy, along with most gyms i believe. i love all star cheerleading, and i wouldnt trade it for ANYTHING.

Yes for sure!! Just be prepared to fall in love and give up everything else in life for it - lol - that is what my daughter did anyway!

Latest posts

Back