All-Star Shout Cheer And Dance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Emma'sCheerMom

Cheer Parent
Aug 5, 2015
looking for feedback on this EP. We competed at one of their events a few years ago and had a bad experience with rigged judging and just overall shady happening through the event. Fast forward a few years our owner decided to give them another try and it seems as nothing changed

We now have a program with very upset kids and very ANGRY parents and coaches......not a fun weekend

looking for feedback on this EP. We competed at one of their events a few years ago and had a bad experience with rigged judging and just overall shady happening through the event. Fast forward a few years our owner decided to give them another try and it seems as nothing changed

We now have a program with very upset kids and very ANGRY parents and coaches......not a fun weekend
I too would love some input on this EP. We are scheduled to go to their event in the Poconos at the end of the month.

My version:
Attended comp last season hosted by this EP...
Approximately 2 hour delay possibly more.
MC/DJ completely lost the majority of the time, announcing things incorrectly, coaches would single for music to start and he was busy on his phone or doing who knows what...
Coaches complained that there was lack of organization in the warm up area (which was next to performance area - a curtain divided the sections)
Incorrect team announcements during competition and sadly during awards. Wrong team was given 1st and grand champ for level... Our gym was notified later on (30 mins or so that our gym was the actual champ)
Music either too loud or barely Audible. More than once performance started stopped and restarted
Rec and all star mixed (which I don't mind when it's organized correctly) which cause a huge confusion during comp as divisions were announced and awards.
Comp was to end around 1:30 or so. Awards scheduled for 1:15pm. We left well after 3:30pm closer to 4pm. Even with the delay the EP had a jump contest and tumble contest that also was unorganized and just delayed the even further. This comp had less than 30 teams in all.
Btw: comp was suppose to start at 9:30 (first performance) doors didn't open until 9am and when we got inside the floor wasn't even played yet. Spectators began helping to set the floor up.

I wrote a very long email to the company only to be responded with pathetic excuses and blamed mostly the company that provides the spring mat which apparently also provided the DJ.

This was my experience at one event. Can't speak for other events but I would stay away for sure. You can't even leave reviews on their Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My version:
MC/DJ completely lost the majority of the time, announcing things incorrectly, coaches would single for music to start and he was busy on his phone or doing who knows what...
Coaches complained that there was lack of organization in the warm up area (which was next to performance area - a curtain divided the sections)
Incorrect team announcements during competition and sadly during awards. Wrong team was given 1st and grand champ for level... Our gym was notified later on (30 mins or so that our gym was the actual champ)
Music either too loud or barely Audible. More than once performance started stopped and restarted
Rec and all star mixed (which I don't mind when it's organized correctly) which cause a huge confusion during comp as divisions were announced and awards.
Comp was to end around 1:30 or so. Awards scheduled for 1:15pm. We left well after 3:30pm closer to 4pm. Even with the delay the EP had a jump contest and tumble contest that also was unorganized and just delayed the even further. This comp had less than 30 teams in all.
Btw: comp was suppose to start at 9:30 (first performance) doors didn't open until 9am and when we got inside the floor wasn't even played yet. Spectators began helping to set the floor up.

I wrote a very long email to the company only to be responded with pathetic excuses and blamed mostly the company that provides the spring mat which apparently also provided the DJ.

This was my experience at one event. Can't speak for other events but I would stay away for sure. You can't even leave reviews on their Facebook page.

Well that doesn't bode well for the Pocono comp we are attending.

My version:

Whoa! This is crazy!

So, how did it go? Our old gym was there and the pics I saw posted was interesting. I think that I would be pretty forgiving if a waterpark was involved :)

So, how did it go? Our old gym was there and the pics I saw posted was interesting. I think that I would be pretty forgiving if a waterpark was involved :)
Well let me start by saying that MzLyn23's experience at a Shout event was very similar to our experience at the MAXX Nationals put on by Shout this past weekend. This was a 2 day "national" championship". Nothing about this event made it a national championship. There were only 30 teams in attendance. To review the event:
They ran behind both days. There was a break of 5 - 10 minutes between each team so that the judges could review videos to score the teams.
The warm up area was a joke. The tumble track was not long enough for the girls with specialty passes to warm up their tumbling. So during a break the Level 3, 4, and 5 tumblers would come out on the main floor and warm up. Then they would sit for about a hour before they performed. There was also no one from Shout managing the warm up area. Coaches from the various teams ran the warm ups.
MC was clueless. Announced the wrong team during awards.
Music either to loud or to soft.
Jump and tumble off was completely unorganized.
There were not enough chairs set up. Eye asked for more to be set out and when no one came out to do it, we did it ourselves.
National champions were supposed to get jackets but, there were no jackets there. I guess they will come "in the mail"
Bottom line was we all couldn't wait for the weekend to end. Hopefully, our gym will never go back to a Shout event.

Well let me start by saying that MzLyn23's experience at a Shout event was very similar to our experience at the MAXX Nationals put on by Shout this past weekend. This was a 2 day "national" championship". Nothing about this event made it a national championship. There were only 30 teams in attendance. To review the event:
They ran behind both days. There was a break of 5 - 10 minutes between each team so that the judges could review videos to score the teams.
The warm up area was a joke. The tumble track was not long enough for the girls with specialty passes to warm up their tumbling. So during a break the Level 3, 4, and 5 tumblers would come out on the main floor and warm up. Then they would sit for about a hour before they performed. There was also no one from Shout managing the warm up area. Coaches from the various teams ran the warm ups.
MC was clueless. Announced the wrong team during awards.
Music either to loud or to soft.
Jump and tumble off was completely unorganized.
There were not enough chairs set up. Eye asked for more to be set out and when no one came out to do it, we did it ourselves.
National champions were supposed to get jackets but, there were no jackets there. I guess they will come "in the mail"
Bottom line was we all couldn't wait for the weekend to end. Hopefully, our gym will never go back to a Shout event.
Did your gym pay the $7 to get Champion ironed on the sleeve?

** I don't always cite facts but when I do I make them up**

Did your gym pay the $7 to get Champion ironed on the sleeve?

** I don't always cite facts but when I do I make them up**
No clue. I am a cheer parent so I am not sure what the gym is doing about the jackets. I can tell you that my daughter won the jump off and the "prize" was either a white t-shirt with their iron own (which is already peeling) or we $10 off a different t-shirt. It was lame.

How is this company still running comps?

Back