All-Star Siblings At The Gym.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 17, 2011
How does your gym handle siblings at the gym? Is there a play area for them? Is there an expected code of conduct for them in the parent viewing area?

Most of the time the siblings who come to the gym are really little, and there's usually a lot of them so they just play in the back of the gym. We have a few toys and stuff lying around, and they never cause any trouble.

Play area/kids room, and trust me those kids go WILD in there. Haha. They had to send out an email saying to please supervise the kids in the room.

Not allowed inside the gym... old gym had a bunch of stuff in the parent area for little ones- books and whatnot.... 9 times out of 10, if they;re old enough for a class, they end up in a class while the other sibling is there, in my experience:)

ill be nice from time to time and allow the sibling to run across the tumble track once or twice but then get your butt in the parent room with your parent! :D

our gym doesn't have a playroom. the parents usually bring activities for the kids to do while they are sitting. there is also an ice cream place next to our gym so i see a lot of kids eating ice cream! ;)

nothing for the little ones at our gym, granted all star practices are closed, but parents sneak in 15+ minutes early to pick up so they can watch...LOL.
for tumbling classes, which are not closed, i wish they would say no little ones allowed at times because they can become a distraction (i say this and i have a toddler btw...LOL).

I was just complaining about this last night! We have a play room, but it seems that when parents arrive to pick up their older child, or even if they stay to watch the whole practice, they just let their kids run everywhere!

They play on the TumbleTraks, the trampoline, all the pac mans, cheese wedges, etc as if it's their own personal playground and the parents do nothing! Last night, I yelled "If you are NOT in a tumbling class at this very minute, go SIT down"

I asked the gym owners to specifically address this at our upcoming parent meeting!

Back