College Sideline Chants Request

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SLM

Cheer Parent
Dec 19, 2012
Would any of you be willing to share your sideline chants and motions with me? If so could you tell me what University/College they are from too? If you don't want to share where they are from because you want to stay anonymous I understand that too.

Here's the skinny, one of the teams I coach is a rec team that encompasses 6-8th graders. We have a problem I call the 7th grade drain. They hit 7th and are suddenly too cool for school etc don't want to do field only comp etc. They think all the cheers are "babyish", you can see the pattern here.

Well I know in the past when I've taught them a cheer from XYZ college team they've been all over it so I'm hoping if I can come to them this season with a list of cheers it'll refuel the sideline enthusiasm.

In college we only did school, color, and mascot (disclaimer, 'noise' and de-fense ones also were used) related chants that the crowd would pick up on easily. Never did a single chant for baskets or touchdowns or 3rd downs in my years.

I would suggest looking at the UCA camp cheers. I think cheer's will be less baby, when they are more updated, with harder motions.

Back